Music Teacher - Upper School (6th-12th)
Job Title: Music Teacher - Upper School
Located in Loudoun County, Community Church exists to love people the same way God loves us. We desire to see people experience God, meet friends, make a difference, and become a leader. Virginia Academy serves the mission of Community Church by preparing students for their best life, through faith (a confidence in God), scholarship (a passion for knowledge), and purpose (a desire to make a positive impact). We see our graduates making a positive impact in every arena of life.
Lead teachers are critical to the success of our school. They create a safe, engaging learning environment favorable to the learning and personal growth of every student. They establish effective rapport with students and inspire them to develop faith, knowledge, skills, and attitudes, which will prepare them for life. They challenge every student to excel at the highest level and establish great relationships with parents, which fosters trust and makes for a successful home and school partnership.
This position reports directly to a School Principal.
Virginia Academy is seeking a Secondary Music Teacher with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the content area. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.
- Understand with complete clarity and work to uphold the mission, vision, and values of Community Church.
- Know and uphold all policies and procedures – employee, parent/student, crisis management, etc.
- Model Christ-like character, God-dependency, and church attendance/participation for students and parents.
- Provide proactive care/supervision of students; referring them to the school nurse for medical and/or first aid needs.
- Daily provides a neat, welcoming, well-prepared and managed environment for learning consistent with the school’s mission, values, objectives, policies, and procedures of best practice.
- Plan for and deliver well thought out lessons that connect to all learners; promoting deep thinking, concept mastery and a Biblical worldview.
- Incorporate a variety of teaching aids (manipulatives, visuals and technology), formative and summative assessments, project based assignments, and outside the classroom learning opportunities as part of the learning process.
- Provide a workable classroom schedule that promotes optimum student engagement and facilitation of the curriculum.
- Provide prompt grading and feedback on assignments and assessments for students and parents throughout the learning process/school year.
- Build relationships with students & parents which transcends the classroom and shows genuine care and concern.
- Collaborate with other teachers and other staff members to ensure each student’s needs are met as needed.
- Attend orientation, all monthly faculty meetings, and weekly divisional meetings for continued development, communication, and problem solving.
- Attend school and student events as required and/or possible.
- Perform other related responsibilities as directed by your divisional supervisor including but not limited to lunch, homeroom, dismissal, etc.
- Provide a class syllabus and unit lesson plans as requested by divisional principal.
- Keep accurate daily classroom attendance.
- Proactively and professionally provide regular and necessary communication with parents regarding student performance, behavior, and overall progress; answering incoming emails and phone calls with a timely, professional response.
- Effectively make use of the school data system (FACTS) for parents and students to further engage in the learning process; providing timely and consistent reporting, grading/scoring of all assignments, assessments, labs, projects, conduct, etc.
- Meet with parents for feedback, concern resolution, and student course correction as needed and/or scheduled.
- Organize, decorate, and maintain the learning environment prior to the beginning of school and throughout the year.
- Prepare for and attend Back to School Night, Summer Bash, and 6th Grade Orientation (when applicable) .
- Assist with the evaluation process for curriculum and text materials.
- Administer yearly Standardized tests.
- Provide formal quarterly reports (report cards) for students’ academic and behavioral progress.
- Manage and/or assist with the end of year pack up and storage of classroom/school supplies, rooms, etc.
- Plan and communicate needed and desired field trips.
- Set and meet yearly goals demonstrating personal and professional growth; achieving the required total of yearly continuing education credits
- Attend new teacher orientation, staff orientation and other in-house training sessions.
- Prescribe to all action plans for future growth as prescribed by the principal through informal and formal performance reviews/observations.
Time with God.
Motto: We run on the Holy Spirit.
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you. Acts 1:8
Motto: We build up! .
Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Matthew 4:19
Motto: Everyone’s coached.
The wise are glad to be instructed. Proverbs 10:8
Motto: We are missional and not positional.
Jesus poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet. John 13:5
Motto: We go above & beyond expectations.
The disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. Matthew 14:20
Motto: We are a family.
Love one another, just as I have loved you. John 13:34
Motto: We share our struggles.
My power is greatest when you are weak. 2 Corinthians 12:9
No matter what!
Motto: We take risks!
With God, all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
Motto: We get to do this!
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, give thanks to him; bless his name!
Motto: We create the atmosphere.
Serve the Lord enthusiastically. Romans 12:11
- Bachelors or Masters in subject area
- Active church member
- State Certification
- 2 years teaching experience in subject area
- CPR/First Aid and/or MAT Certified
- A passion for teaching
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children/youth
- Well-rounded knowledge of the education process and subject matter.
- Experience as a lead teacher
- Experience in a church-run school
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position and should not be considered a contract of employment. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
The Community Church & Virginia AcademyAshburn, VA
Get fresh Music Teacher - Upper School (6th-12th) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.