The Community Blood Center is looking for a Component Technician to join our team.
The Component Technician is responsible for the performance of a variety of laboratory functions involved in the processing, preparation, labeling, storage and distribution of blood components and non-blood components.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares high quality components in a timely and efficient manner and checks/reviews component logs.
- Labels, stores, ships, filters, and irradiates blood components.
- Prepares recovered components for shipment.
- Performs required equipment maintenance and QC on a timely basis.
- Responsible for performance of product quality control and helps evaluate products that fail QC.
- Practices proper customer service skills for dealing with both internal and external customers.
- May be responsible for delivery of blood to local customers on an as needed emergency backup basis.
- Monitors and evaluates temperature recording devices.
- Verifies component inventories as directed by CBC SOPs.
- Appropriately separates and packages biohazard waste.
- Accurately enters data into the computer system.
- Accountable for the economical use of materials and the proper use of equipment while performing duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains a neat and clean work area, and presents a neat and clean appearance, dressing professionally.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as outlined in the CBC Employee Handbook, CBC SOPs, or directives.
- Maintains current level of job-related skills by attending inservices and training sessions and reading publications.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Must meet the educational requirements of CLIA to perform moderate/high complexity testing.
Experience: Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform procedures and attentive to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good telephone skills
- Skilled in accurate documentation with emphasis on detail
- Skilled in utilizing resource materials accurately
- High level of assessment skills
- Works with moderate to fluctuating loud noise levels.
- Requires high degree of acute vision, standing, walking, moderate amounts of lifting, carrying and bending.
- Exposed to potentially infectious agents, electrical equipment, and needles.
- Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift objects or materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
Hours: Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00pm-6:30am
Must apply directly to our website to be considered for this position: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/K1100.jobs?ApplyToJob=218451521
The Community Blood Center
4406 W. Spencer St.
Appleton, WI 54914
The Community Blood Center is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer