Many Positions Available
Position Title: Resident Care Aid
Reports To: Director of Resident Care
Each RCA needs to be in agreement with Golden Pond philosophy and objective that we are in the business of providing for the needs of our residents, the basic needs of shelter, food and the higher needs of belonging, esteem, love, and self actualization. This person must be committed to serving the residents with sensitivity and responsiveness to their needs. Therefore the ability to relate to people is very important.
Resident Care Aid Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for an assigned group of residents which includes, but is not exclusive to, personal care, leisure activity, meal preparation and medication reminders.
- Lead group activities focused on purposeful tasks and to promote positive sense of self and leisure time.
- Attend Treatment Team meetings and actively participate in the development and implementation of service and behavioral plans.
- Communicate clearly and immediately any changes in physical or cognitive status of any resident. Report any findings to the nursing staff.
- Communicates informally with staff the status of assigned residents.
- Responsible for all documentation requirements (medication sheets, personal care sheets, communication logs, emergency forms, etc..
- Maintain a professional upbeat attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by Health Service Director/Program Directors.
- Current CNA or CHHA licensure in the state of Massachusetts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works effectively in team environment
- Contributes to positive and professional working environment.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of RCA job that includes: standing, walking, lifting, bending and transferring.
- Must be able to write, speak and understand English well enough to communicate with residents and complete required documentation