The Common Market Georgia, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to the Georgia region. seeks a Driver for a part time job, 2-3 days per week, must be available on Wednesdays, at a minimum. Position has potential to become full time.
Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them. Our drivers are responsible for front-line service to farmers and customers, transporting and handling perishable products.
- Provide excellent service while picking up and delivering Local Farm Product
- Handle Farmer Purchase Orders and Customer Invoices appropriately and collect payment for delivered goods.
- Assist in loading and unloading truck manually.
- Guard Food Safety and Quality
- Know food safety rules, check and document safe conditions
- Drive and maintain equipment in excellent condition
- Begin and end each truck run with established procedures
- Operate equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse and secure load for transport.
- Communicate all pickups, deliveries, and service issues with CM office.
- Maintain truck logs
1. CDL Certification preferred A or B and local delivery experience (Atlanta, Alabama and other areas)
2. Experience driving 20-24' refrigerated box truck
3. Excellent driving record and child abuse clearances
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
5. Ability to be on feet for full 8-10 hour shift, and to lift up to 55 pounds
6. Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong desire to learn
7. Experience using computers, being able to operate a tablet
Common Market offers an excellent work environment, training and the chance to grow with our organization.
Wage: Starting @ $15/hour, based on experience.