With the support of ECEI Leadership, the Early Care Administrative Assistant ensures the smooth and efficient administrative operation of the Early Care and Education Institute's programming with Family Child Care providers and families.The ECEI Administrative Assistant provides clerical support to the Director for the Early Care and Education Institute and the Early Care team, including the Early Childhood Coaches, Provider Liaisons, and the Parent Services Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Early Care staff with preparation for coaching visits, including preparation of education materials, bundling and packaging of books and supplies, making copies, and mailing of materials to child care programs within the five boroughs of NYC.
- Support the Early Care training team with preparation and setup for departmental trainings, including room setup, printing and copying, assembly of materials packets, and clean up
- Assist in the maintenance of book and materials inventory for
- Manage food and supply orders for ECEI events and programming
- Responsible for preparing parent referral packets and departmental mailings for distribution via USPS, including printing, labeling, and envelope-stuffing.
- Assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including filing, word processing, scanning, data entry and internet research tasks
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, materials deliveries, etc. as needed
- May perform related duties, as required.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: High School Diploma (Associates Degree preferred).
Experience: Minimum of 2 years working in an administrative office environment. Experience with office management tasks (inventory, organization, printing, copying) helpful. The Early Care Administrative Assistant will also ideally have a proven facility in data entry, customer service, and problem resolution.
Bilingual is a must; English and Spanish fluency required
The equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable
Competencies: Successful candidate will possess excellent organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, as well as a facility with numbers, and be detail oriented. Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.