The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of professionals in the Greater Los Angeles area of California with a full-time position for a HR Operations Specialist. Interviews now being scheduled for the week of February 3rd.
The Columbus Organization is a group of caring professionals whose mission is to assist children and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities achieve independence through a life that is meaningful to them.
The HR Operations Specialist will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units across the State. The position formulates partnerships to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. Although position does not have supervisory responsibilities, it does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
The position offers a highly competitive annual compensation plus sign on bonus complimented by a fully loaded benefits package which includes:
· Medical Insurance
· Prescription Drug Card
· Vision Plan
· Dental Insurance
· $50,000 Life Insurance
· Short/Long Term Disability
· Professional Liability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Continuing Ed Allowance
· Reimbursements for Licensure and/or Certifications
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Home Based Office
· Conducts weekly meetings with VP, Program Services and Sr. Director, Human Resources.
· Consults with management and provides HR guidance when appropriate.
· Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
· Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
· Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
· Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
· Participates in performance evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
· Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and UltiPro Software
· Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws for the state of California.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· SHRM Certified is plus
If interested please email CV to email@example.com or by faxing to 610-680-3798, attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruiting.
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life” tm
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer