Welcome to The Club at Nevillewood
Opened in 1992, The Club at Nevillewood features the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course within 100 miles. And for over 25 years, The Club at Nevillewood has been giving its members that Jack Nicklaus Signature experience. The Club also features family-friendly pool facilities, a stunning clubhouse for social events, and some of the region’s finest dining surrounded by idyllic vistas of western Pennsylvania. With its challenging links, elegant amenities and lush setting, The Club at Nevillewood is the perfect backdrop for quality time with family and friends.
Now The Club is positioning itself for the next 25 years, with the recent ground breaking for a major $6.5 million renovation initiative which includes the addition of an all new state-of-the-art fitness center. We are in search of an energetic individual to bring this new facility to life for our membership! Read more here:
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or Physical Education.
- Five years of experience in a health and fitness facility.
- Two years of spa and fitness management experience.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Remains current on spa and fitness industry trends.
- Able to develop a vibrant menu of services with exceptional artistic and aesthetic value.
- Stage the spa and fitness programs and retail operations for maximum buyer impact.
- Able to conduct fitness assessments.
- Competence in fitness design and implementation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fitness and exercise principles.
- Knowledge of first aid, performing CPR, using an AED and blood-borne pathogens.
- Possess ability to create a Profit-and-Loss Statement, track financials and create budgets.
- Knowledge of major health factors and weight-reduction strategies.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Responsible for management of the club's spa and fitness facilities and operations.
· Inspect work areas or operating equipment to ensure conformance to established standards in areas such as cleanliness or maintenance.
· Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
· Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations.
· Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
· Apply customer/guest feedback to service improvement efforts.
· Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
· Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress.
· Control operational costs and perform regular service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability.
· Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
· Create ongoing and/or seasonal promotions and activities to encourage registrations, stimulate sales and create interest among members, guests, management and staff.
· Furnish customers with information on events or activities.
· Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities or menus.
Licenses and Special Requirements Preferred
· ISPA Spa Director Certification or alternative Spa Director Certification.
· Certification from The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach, walk, stand, stoop, climb stairs, balance and/or crouch.
· Continuous repetitive motions.
· Physical exertion over long periods of time.
· Work in hot and humid environment.
· Push, pull and lift 50 pounds.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Western Pennsylvania's Premier Golf and Social Club
Opened in 1992, The Club at Nevillewood features the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course within 100 miles. For over 25 years, The Club at Nevillewood has been giving its members that Jack Nicklaus Signature experience. The Club also features family-friendly pool facilities, a stunning clubhouse for social events, and some of the region’s finest dining surrounded by idyllic vistas of western Pennsylvania. With its challenging links, elegant amenities and lush setting, The Club at Nevillewood is the perfect backdrop for quality time with family and friends.
Now The Club is positioning itself for the next 25 years, with the recent
ground breaking for a major $6.5 million renovation initiative.
Secluded away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life on a mountaintop in Presto, PA, The Club at Nevillewood has broken ground on a $6.5 million renovation. Recognizing that the private organization must keep improving itself given the changing nature of the country club demographic, the membership approved a multi-faceted capital improvement plan. The Club's Board of Directors selected DLA+ Architecture & Interior Design as its architect and the Massaro Construction Group as its general contractor. Due to be completed by the autumn of 2019, a dozen or so initiatives, both seen and unseen, will better the member experience in both service and quality.
Kicking off the enhancements is a brand new Golf Operations Center that will provide for golf cart storage, club storage, a streamlined check-in and drop off area and an adjacently-placed practice putting green. An entirely new two-level state-of-the-art Fitness Facility is in the works featuring a host of aerobic and anaerobic equipment, private exercise rooms for massage and spin and yoga classes as well as a golf simulator to keep its members' game sharp even in the winter months. Other readily apparent changes include a new Golf Shoppe, renovated Locker Rooms and all new pool-area Changing and Locker facilities. Rounding out the refurbishments are new Pool Concessions, Bar and Culinary upgrades including a ground floor indoor/outdoor lounge and dining areas allowing for an entirely new level of family enjoyment.
Not to be overlooked and realizing that the "behind-the-scenes" operations are of tantamount importance in providing a satisfying Club experience, the renovations also include upgrades to the heating and cooling systems, provide for more workspace for both management and the culinary staff, and allow for smoother operational changes that make for a more enjoyable and productive experience for all.
Club President, Jeffry Fink, says "we are excited about these capital improvements as they will not only provide enhanced value for our existing members, but also allow us to be a more competitive choice in the marketplace for golfers and non-golfers alike."
About The Club at Nevillewood: Opened in 1992, The Club at Nevillewood, a country club featuring the only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course within 100 miles, is uniquely situated on a mountaintop just southwest of Pittsburgh, equal distance from downtown Pittsburgh and the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, and winding through one of the finest residential communities in the region. Very proud of its history and time-honored traditions, The Club at Nevillewood maintains a diverse membership who share passions for extraordinary golf, family-oriented social and recreational activities, a Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, superb dining with an award-winning chef at the culinary helm, and soon a fully-equipped Fitness Facility complete with a Golf Simulator for year-round practice. The Club at Nevillewood is member-owned and is a federally tax-exempt organization under the IRC 501(c)(7).