- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have HEART? We are looking for individuals who can embrace our mission to purposely brighten and enrich the lives of those we serve with HEART; Hospitality, Excellence, Appreciation, Respect & Teamwork. In this role you will oversee daily operations of the kitchen and ensure the highest quality food products and service at the community.Job Description
- Prepare meals from standardized recipes in accordance with order in a timely and attractive manner.
- Set up food service line and workstations with needed condiments.
- Ensure all condiments and garnishes that are required are prepared and served with the appropriate foods.
- Assist in recipe and menu development.
- Coordinate prep for the following day’s menu.
- Lead a pre-meal meeting with food servers to review detail of daily menu.
- Assist with training of new kitchen employees.
- Ensure an adequate number of culinary employees each shift and ensures absences are covered as to not allow coverage holes.
- Assist with scheduling of employees within the department.
- Assist with food ordering, monitoring inventory and creating the menu cycle.
- Keep stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean and ensure that food supply stocks are rotated and that all perishables are labeled, dated, and stored properly.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements.
- Keep food waste to a minimum by utilizing food storage and food recycling techniques.
- Manage and supervise Sous Chefs, Cooks, Lead Cooks, Prep Cooks, and Utility Workers as needed.
- 3+ years of experience working in a commercial kitchen environment and/or a related certificate or degree from a college or technical school.
- Associate’s Degree in culinary related field is preferred.
- Serv Safe or other required local, county or state certifications.
- You are organized and great at communicating with co-workers and residents.
- You take pride in the quality and presentation of food that you have helped to prepare.
- You have basic to advanced knowledge of cooking and preparation of meals.
- You have a thorough understanding of food service techniques and requirements.
- You have great management skills and a willingness and desire to work harmoniously with all staff members.
- You have the ability to switch tasks quickly and often.
Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday. Senior Lifestyle requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination unless exempt due to medical, religious, or personal beliefs. Government requirements or exclusions may apply.
The Club at Briarcliff Manor
AddressBriarcliff Manor, NY
Get fresh Executive CHEF jobs daily straight to your inbox!