Deputy Clerk of Council
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Clerk of Council, City Council and residents as needed. The Deputy Clerk of Council will be responsible for creating, disseminating and keeping records and proceedings of assigned boards and commissions. Responsibilities also include authenticating all records, documents and instruments of the City as required by law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Council Clerk with the coordination of materials for Council and Committee meetings, workshops and special meetings.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, answering phones, data entry, and greeting in-person visitors.
- Perform secretarial duties such as scheduling meetings, preparing memos, letters and report.
- Operate office machines, including photocopiers, scanners, and computers.
- Monitor and replenishes office supplies as needed.
- Attend Assigned Committee meetings and Council meetings as needed.
- Transfers written and audio meeting minutes to website.
- Transcribes audios of meetings into verbatim minutes.
- Assists the Clerk of Council with bid advertisements and attends bid openings as needed.
- Provides assistance with the processing of public records requests.
- Work with the Director of Communications to ensure applicable information is prepared for City website and publications.
- All other duties as required by City Council and the Clerk of Council.
- Communication Skills- written and verbal
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Administrative Assistant or secretarial experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced skill in Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
Education: Two-year Associate degree or equivalent; one to three years of senior level or executive level secretarial or administrative assistant experience; or any combination of education, training and work experience which provides the required skill sets to perform the essential functions of the job.
Certification: CMC- Certified Municipal Clerk certification, preferred.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift to 20 lbs. when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The City of Independence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City of Independence Ohio
GovernmentView all jobs at The City of Independence Ohio