Grant Internship at The City of Hope Outreach
- Posted: over a month ago
Vision/Mission: We exist to advocate for others through the opening of holistic centers within under-resourced areas in Central Arkansas to influence change in unique ways that involve active presence and relational transformation.CoHO provokes hope in human beings through holistic engagement one life, one family, and one community overtime for the glory of God.
CoHO Initiatives: We fulfill our mission through CoHO Academy (an after-school and summer tutoring/mentoring program), CoHO Nutrition (Garden and Small Market), the Hope Home (transitional shelter for homeless men). We are also in the process of developing a new housing initiative: Hope Village, a small home community to assist the unhoused in Conway.
As a grant writing intern for CoHO, your primary responsibility is assisting the Executive Director with identifying appropriate grantors, and executing and submitting grant requests. We need interns capable of researching funding opportunities, initiating and maintaining contact with the foundations, and writing grants for eligible funding. The intern will get a deep understanding of the needs in the community and practical writing experience. This position is great for individuals seeking a career in nonprofit or government sectors. We are looking for an intern with strong research, writing, and analytical skills with a desire to make a positive impact on the Conway community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with researching and identifying potential grantors
- Assist with writing and submitting grant applications
- Collaborate with Executive Director, other CoHO staff, and partners as needed to prepare grant applications
- Participate in one staff meeting per month
- Attend grant-related meetings as necessary and as schedule permits
- Complete a reflection concerning activities and lessons learned with CoHO
- Participate in CoHO community outreach events
- Weekly journal
- Reflection at the end of internship
- Other duties as needed
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
***Must pass background check***
The City of Hope Outreach
EducationView all jobs at The City of Hope Outreach