Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
Cincinnati Insurance Companies Corporate Tax Department is currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant to prepare federal, state and local tax returns, prepare reports and documents for taxing authorities and Company personnel as assigned, as well as prepare tax accruals for quarterly and annual financial statement reporting.
Be Ready To:
- prepare and submits for review quarterly and annual tax accrual workpapers in an accurate and timely manner
- prepare and submits for review federal tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- prepare and submits for review state and local income tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- reviews personal property tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- prepares and submits for review ASC 740 and SSAP 101 calculations for GAAP and Statutory reporting
- adheres to professional standards as well as federal, state and local tax laws and regulations
- interacts with both Company and outside personnel during the performance of duties within Corporate Tax to build and maintain effective working relationships
- complete special projects as needed
- participates in Company training as assigned
Be equipped with:
- minimum three years of tax accounting experience required
- experience with preparation of federal, state and local tax returns required
- experience with preparation of federal tax accruals for interim and year-end financial reporting purposes preferred
- experience with international taxation for corporations preferred
- experience with SSAP 101 calculations for GAAP and Statutory reporting preferred
- experience with tax compliance software. PremiumPro software experience preferred
Other key requirements:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- exceptional attention to details
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
- proficient at multi-tasking and time management
- ability to work independently as needed
- proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a CPA designation, working toward a CPA designation, or plans to work toward a CPA designation
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages at www.cinfin.com.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation; religion; national origin; age; disability; or any other basis prohibited by law.
• Empowered field representatives work from their homes in the same communities as those agents and the policyholders we serve.
• Field representatives provide local services including marketing support, claims service with a human touch, loss control advice and boiler inspections.
• Associates at our Fairfield, Ohio, headquarters support these field representatives with managerial, administrative, underwriting and technical expertise. Other available careers include finance, technology, law, human resources and customer service.