Senior Project Manager
- Posted: 3 days ago
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career in commercial construction? We're seeking Senior Project Manager candidates for construction projects in our Detroit, Michigan region. This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to use their construction leadership expertise across a range of markets and clients, leverage technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness, participate in a broad range of project planning and coordination duties, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by mentoring project team members and sharing expertise with project teams throughout the company. Candidates with Healthcare, Industrial Manufacturing, and Water/Waste Water experience are preferred.
In addition to a rewarding career in construction, Christman is an ESOP owned company, offering competitive pay, a generous benefits program, and promotes training and professional development.
As a leader for the construction project team, responsibilities will include allocating project resources, establishing subcontract agreements, and executing contractual risk protections while creating a positive safety climate. This person will be responsible for planning and delivering projects of medium to large size and complexity, developing budgets hands-on, and providing leadership to the construction project team.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
- Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the Christman team.
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of construction project leadership experience. -or-
- Equivalent combination of the above education, training, and experience.
- Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrated success in project management positions requiring professionalism and integrity.
- Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving and wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
- Willingness to travel and/or relocate are preferred.
The Christman family of companies is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
The Christman Company
TechnologyView all jobs at The Christman Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?