Build More with Your Career at Christman
Are you interested in becoming an employee-owner with an industry leader that will Build More opportunities in your professional career? If so, Christman could be the place for you!
The Christman Company is looking for Project Manager candidates for large-scale commercial construction projects in the greater DC Metro region.
What You Will Do:
Our Project Managers are responsible for managing and leading the project team being Christman's "management representative". They are responsible for the safe completion of their assigned projects within budget, on schedule, to the company's quality standards, and to the customer's satisfaction.
As a Project Manager, you play a crucial part of the construction project team. Primary daily responsibilities of this role include, but not limited to:
- Lead in the development of high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring and serving as a peer coach and/or mentor as assigned.
- Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
- Provide leadership in motivating the project team and maintain a positive work environment.
- Communicate with owners, architects, and subcontractors as it relates to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management.
- Determine and define scope of work and deliverables.
- Determines project staffing requirements and establishes a work plan and schedules for each project phase.
- Prepare project manuals, work category descriptions and other necessary components for a bid package. Manage the CM bid process to also include post bid reviews.
- Serve as a team member on hard bid teams as needed.
- Establish and clarify project-specific goals related to schedule, safety, accounting, labor relations, EEO, and data processing/reporting.
- Assess and maintain client relationships to understand construction leadership, facility maintenance, and other business needs that may have facility-related implications from the beginning of the contract through the project warranty period.
- Manage owner communications related to project risks, schedules, budgets, and logistics.
- Coordinate development and delivery of project planning services (e.g., estimating, scheduling, value engineering, reporting) with the Project Planning Leader.
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of all project information documents relating to the contract, bulletins, field work orders, and change orders.
- Review assessment of client needs to contractual obligations and delivery of project professional management services by the Christman team and all contracted trades, vendors, consultants, and suppliers to ensure that proper service is provided to the client.
- Establish subcontract agreements and work scopes for all trade contractors; communicating expectations and responsibilities related to project planning, coordination with other trades, safety, and definition of work quality.
- Clarify expectations and performance requirements in both written project documents and through presentations and discussions at pre-bid conferences, post-bid meetings, pre-installation meetings, and other interactions.
- Lead trade contractor relations.
- Coordinate information, access, and share across the project team to keep team members informed of current project status.
- Drive safety awareness at all times. Observe safety practices on site and promptly address any unsafe situations or behaviors, reporting violations and coordinating corrective actions to the project team.
- Contribute to business development efforts by leveraging professional network and client relationships to identify opportunities, participate in developing pursuit strategies, and actively participating in the pursuit of these opportunities.
- Participate in project pursuit interviews as required.
- Complete assigned and required training for this role.
Promote Professional Development
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career potential.
- Establish an environment that supports questions and learning in the context of project goals and schedules.
- For all project team members, promote development of knowledge base, leadership skills, and
- partnership by modeling effective performance, encouraging discussion and debate over solutions and approaches, connecting project team members with learning opportunities and other team members
- who could serve as mentors, and prompting team members to recognize challenges early and plan ahead for important project activities.
- Provide motivational and constructive feedback to team members regarding the impact of their efforts on the project's success, impressions being created with other team members, and contributions to the quality of relationships being developed within the team.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related job field.
- Minimum five (5) years of commercial construction experience in a leadership role reflecting progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Successful completion of classes or other training in Construction Management, Project Management, Safety, or Communication.
- OR Equivalent combination of the above education, training, and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Have the ability to interact with and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of people, including internal and external customers, in different situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks while completing work within established deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for own actions, and keep commitments.
- Must have excellent written and oral skills.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft 365 including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Have a passion for team-based planning and problem-solving.
- Have a wholehearted commitment to building strong partnerships to support project goals.
Here at Christman, everyone is an owner. Through our employee stock ownership plan, each employee-owner shares in the collective success and wealth of our nationally recognized company and is eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance, 401K contribution, professional development and tuition reimbursement, and more.
We're a top 100-ranked ENR General Contractor that has been building since 1894. Learn more about how you can grow as a Christman Expert, Leader and Partner and build more with us.
Notice to Recruiting Agencies (Unsolicited Resumes): The Christman Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our applicant tracking system, website, or to any Christman employee/affiliates. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Christman employees or its' affiliates will be considered property of The Christman Company and will be processed accordingly. Christman will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume without an executed agreement and assigned to a specific search.
The Christman family of companies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
The Christman CompanyWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.