Program Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all World Renew US employees, regardless of location, who will be physically in a World Renew office or physically interacting with any staff, volunteers, donors, or other constituents.
Medical and/or religious exemptions considered.
- Coordinate Data, Materials and Supplies for Unmet Needs Assessment teams
- Provide support to DRS Reconstruction Sites
- Manage the border crossing process for Canadian volunteers which involves coordination with FEMA and US Department of Customs and Border Protection
- Coordinate the Area Representative Volunteers by maintaining regular contact, recruiting and training new Area Representatives, and encouraging them in their roles.
- Assist in onboarding new volunteers in a multi-step process that is detail-oriented.
- Data Entry: creating and updating records to ensure accurate reporting, and for communications to volunteers.
- Assist with volunteer housing site furniture and supply inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Receive visitors at front reception desk, answer the phone and be knowledgeable for providing general information
- Routine copying, printing, gathering of information, and filing, as needed
- Ensure proper handling of all mail and general correspondence, as needed
- Maintain the Google staff calendar
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision, and values of the World Renew and CRCNA.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency in commonly used computer applications
- Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and deadlines, etc.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contacts of various backgrounds.
- High school diploma required and some college coursework preferred
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn volunteer management software, Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Knowledge/skills related to standard office routines and equipment. At least two years’ experience in a related field.
Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Application Instructions: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .doc/.docx file.
World Renew values Work-Life balance! Effective January 2022 full-time positions will transition to a 36-hour workweek (1,872 hours annually) with Fridays being "Focus Fridays" #nomeetings.
- Work-Life Balance
- Full-Time Flexible Work Arrangements
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Time
- Embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Benefits include Health, Welfare, & Retirement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Contributing to an organization that is making an impact in the world
- Up to 1 week of paid time off for voluntary mission/service project trip.
The Christian Reformed Church in North America
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
BusinessView all jobs at The Christian Reformed Church in North America