Security Officer Receptionist
The Christian Post Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ChristianPost.com is the nation's most comprehensive Christian news website and was launched in March 2004, incorporated with the vision of delivering up-to-date news, information, and commentaries relevant to Christians across denominational lines.
As the flagship website of The Christian Post, ChristianPost.com has quickly grown to become a leading online Christian news publication, with continuous updates throughout the day - seven days a week.
Through the website, The Christian Post presents national and international coverage of current events affecting and involving Christian leaders, church bodies, ministries, mission agencies, schools, businesses, and the general Christian public.
As a pan-denominational Christian media source, The Christian Post views all Christ-centered denominations as equal constituents of the body of Christ and does not promote or demote any Christ-centered denomination and/or congregation.
Please note that only candidates who answer all application questions below will be considered.
The Security Officer Receptionist is responsible for performing safety and security work and welcoming visitors to the office. He/she must perform all tasks directly related to providing a safe and secure working environment. The candidate must be ready to assist colleagues whenever necessary, and be able to take on some light handyman tasks such as replacing lightbulbs, fixing a door handle, and other minor repairs. We are looking for someone who is energetic and organized who has customer service experience.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
Major duties include:
- Physical security of the building property and grounds
- Safeguard and protect The Christian Post staff, visitors, and assets
- Assures that only authorized persons enter the property
- Front desk/reception tasks include guiding and welcoming visitors, answering calls, responding to enquiries, taking/relaying messages etc.
- Perform security walk-through of the inside and outside of the building, in accordance with the assigned daily schedule, and as directed
- Patrols on foot or using a vehicle to detect/check for, investigate and report situations which differs from normal such as open/unlocked doors, unsafe conditions, broken windows, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, power failures, fire or safety hazards, and unauthorized persons
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
- Prepares a formal report of daily activities, any incidents occurring on the shift, maintains the building/area security log and other irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Obtain statements from staff as appropriate to properly document significant events, which occurred during that day's shift
- Secures and locks the building and facility at the end of the day, ensuring that all gates and doors are secure
- If appropriate, maintains contact with the Local Police Headquarters.
- If needed, directs traffic on property
- Monitoring CCTV Cameras
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds, fix lightbulbs, and light handyman work
- Be able to climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Be able to stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
- Be able to work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations calmly and efficiently
- Must be able to speak clearly with a sound voice to assist all incoming callers while multitasking
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, and a team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Minimum 3 years security officer work experience
- Must have your own vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Must have an active Security Certificate or Security Guard License
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- A valid District of Columbia Security Officers license issued by the Metropolitan Police Department
Please note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, this position requires wearing PPE equipment including masks and gloves for all assignments.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
The Christian Post
TourismView all jobs at The Christian Post