Title: Epic Reporting Analyst- SQL Programmer (entry level) and customer facing
Shift: Full-Time, Days
This position will be located in the Data Integration & Management Department at The Christ Hospital Central Business Office located at 237 William Howard Taft Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: This position analyzes, provides specification, and writes reports for assigned Epic applications. Defines report requirements; designs, develops, tests, installs, and implements report-based programs. Responsible for validating model system reports and identifying advanced reporting needs with report consumers. Meets with Epic application coordinators and report consumers to understand their reporting needs. Creates new reports using a third-party report writing tool to display Clarity data.
Customer facing soft skills to engage and elicit functional requirements, understand how the users intend to integrate them into the workflows
- Identify gaps in the workflow to bring back to the team and define solutions to optimize and automate
- Ability to understand functional requirements from the end user and translate them to technical requirements
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL programming
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues
The Epic Reporting Analyst may perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the timely delivery and distribution of queries and reports
- Receive, analyze, and resolve Data Requests
- Create new reports, using a third-party report writing tool, to display Clarity data
- Modify existing reports as necessary
- Create design specifications for new reports
- Collaborate with application analysts to build reports specific to functional areas.
- Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrates a professional attitude and ability to relate well with data consumers.
- Meets with application coordinators and data consumers to understand their reporting needs.
- Identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
- Serve as knowledge and reporting resource in various reporting initiatives.
- Develop and utilize query and reporting standards to ensure a high degree of consistency surrounding layout and usability of data and reports.
- Validate Model System reports and identify advanced reporting needs with report consumers.
- Perform data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results.
- Coordinate with users, technical analyst, and database administrators to monitor system data integrity and to coordinate corrections to either the data or resulting queries and reports.
- Problem Management
- Document system processes and procedures
- Analyze and develop access strategies to ensure high-availability end-user generated reporting which will not negatively impact system response time.
- Identify trends that may lead to future problems.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives and requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Enterprise Analytics Leaders.
Education: Associates degree or higher in an information technology or healthcare related field; Epic Certification strongly recommended.
License & Certification: Epic Clarity Certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of reporting or analysis experience required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in healthcare information technology delivery processes
- The candidate must be business aligned in terms of their approach to reporting and data governance
- Possess an understanding of application development lifecycles, technology infrastructure and related issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Expertise in Epic Clarity and Crystal Report writing
- Knowledge of personal computer and spreadsheet, graphics and flowcharting software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds (education, training, cultures).
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment to exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest patient experiences is recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE - a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.