- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Amazing Kids. Amazing Place. At The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh, we've built our legacy on being "amazing." After more than a century of the highest quality care and service to children and their families, we're forever proud of our team members who don't just make a career here - they make a difference.
We're proud to offer generous benefits to our team members. Regular full-time team members are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 403b Plan-Retirement
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness program
- Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Employee Recognition Events
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development
The Behavior and Instruction Technician (BIT) uses function-based ABA interventions and positive reinforcement to affect positive change in student behaviors relative to the learning process. Our BIT will collect data, teach strategies, and follow protocols for improving students' learning outcomes related to their educational goals under the direction of a certified special education teacher and behavior specialist.
Are you looking for a position where you can make a lasting impact in the lives of children? Join the team!
- Monitor and assist students as needed in their daily routines across classroom activities and/or settings
- Assist in collecting and documenting data for behavioral or academic progress.
- Initiate and follow through with behavioral interventions as designated and demonstrated by the classroom teacher.
- Communicate with all team members in an appropriate manner regarding student progress and/or concerns.
- Participate in planning meetings regarding classroom curricular expectations as well as student needs across all developmental areas.
- Facilitate the teaching procedures demonstrated by the classroom teacher for small groups including errorless learning and verbal behavior techniques.
- Create materials as time allows and directed by teacher.
- Clean-up after students as necessary and at the end of the day.
- Prepare room daily for instruction in the morning or end of day as designated by teacher.
- Assist in helping a student develop necessary skills in the generalized education environment
- Demonstrates appropriate behavior and crisis management skills.
- Performs and assists necessary personal care for students requiring self-help skills in the areas of safety, eating, and toileting.
- Completes all student and administrative documentation accurately and within facility time frames
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- A four-year degree in Education or a related field (Child Development, Psychology, Social Science) preferred
- Registered Behavior Technician Certification or Coursework in line with Behavior Analyst (Assistant) preferred
- Current and valid certification in CPR and First Aid is required (will provide training).
- At least one year of successful experience working with children strongly preferred
- Experience working with students with a diagnosis of Autism or other developmental disabilities in an educational setting is preferred
- Knowledge of specific best practice approaches including: Applied Behavior Analysis, verbal behavior, structured teaching, augmentative communication preferred (training provided)
- The ability to lift, position, and feed students with disabilities, assist them physically in transferring to and from wheelchairs to other equipment, and lifting on to and off school transportation vehicles. Willingness and to assist students with feeding and toileting needs.
· Act 33/34 Clearances; FBI Clearance
The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We serve a diverse population of children and families, and we want our workforce to reflect that same diversity. We want all interested individuals to feel welcome in applying for a career at our amazing place -we can't wait to meet you!
The Children's Institute does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religious creed, AIDS or HIV status, disability, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, union membership, or veteran/military status in employment.
The Childrens Institute of Pittsburgh
1405 Shady AvePittsburgh, PA
EducationView all jobs at The Childrens Institute of Pittsburgh