Recreational Therapist - Part Time
Recreational Specialist plans, directs, and coordinates recreation-based treatment programs for clients. The Recreational Specialist use a variety of modalities, including arts and crafts; drama, music, and dance; sports and games; aquatics; and community outings to help maintain or improve the client’s physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Assess clients’ needs using observation, medical records, tests, and discussions with other healthcare professionals, patients’ families, and patients.
- Develop treatment plans and programs that meet clients’ needs and interests.
- Plan and implement interventions to support the client in meeting their goals.
- Engage clients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise, games, and community outings.
- Help clients learn social skills needed to become or remain independent.
- Teach clients about ways to cope with stress, anxiety, or depression.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with Therapeutic Recreation (Recreation Therapy) as a major or minor
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) credential.
- Prior experience working with adolescents
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Prior experience as a Recreational Specialist in a Residential Treatment Facility for adolescents
*Please note, this position is for 10 hrs/week.*
The Child Center Of NY, Inc.New York, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.