Gourmet Foods Sales Representative
The Chefs' Warehouse Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing, creating, and maintaining connections with our customers. This position requires in-depth knowledge of restaurant kitchen operations and menu creation, as well as specialty food retailers.
This position covers the Southern VT territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement sales strategies by speaking to some of the best chefs in the world.
- Implement sales strategies by working with independent specialty retailers.
- Practice sound judgment and discretion with company's best interest always in mind.
- Expand the current, established customer base in a territory.
- Monitor internal, external, and competitor activity and report in meaningful and actionable way to management.
- Foster a sense of teamwork and employ creativity with chefs to create menus to exceed their expectations.
- The drive and commitment to stay current with food trends and seasonal items.
- Provide the highest level of customer service by supporting customers in their overall experience.
Required, Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Strong background in culinary industry.
- Restaurant management experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office and e-mail.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English.
This job operates in a both a professional office environment as well as restaurants, kitchens and retail spaces.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The employee must work 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Frequent travel is expected for this position
The Chefs' WarehouseWhy Work Here?
Join out team! Great benefits, Great work environment, Paid Weekly!