Printing Press Operator
The Chatham Group, a dynamic talent acquisition firm focused on the science and technology-based industries, is seeking candidates for a profitable and growing family-owned manufacturing company. With a well-established reputation in specialty packaging technology, our Client has established a strong reputation in the food industry for delivering specialized and customized products to meet the needs of its customers. The company truly cares about employees, their neighbors, and the environment. If you are energetic, self-motivated, and believe you have what it takes to be part of a successful company with strategic and ambitious growth plans, please read on.
We are looking for a Printing Press Operator to join the company’s manufacturing operation in Easton, PA. This person is responsible for managing the print runs for several of the company’s product lines. The position reports directly to the plant manager and will work closely with all members of the manufacturing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following items:
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, or special printing instructions.
- Verify that paper and ink meet the specifications for a given job.
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Change press plates, blankets, or cylinders, as required.
- Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
- Feed paper through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to the paper size.
- Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances.
- Clean ink fountains, plates, or printing unit cylinders when press runs are completed.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Clean oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Maintain time or production records.
- Adjust digital files to alter print elements, such as fonts, graphics, or color separations.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated printing systems.
- Download or scan files to be printed, using printing production software.
- Direct or monitor work of press crews.
- Monitor environmental factors, such as humidity and temperature, which may impact equipment performance and make necessary adjustments.
- Monitor inventory levels on a regular basis, ordering or requesting additional supplies, as necessary.
- Set up or operate auxiliary equipment, such as cutting, folding, plate-making, drilling, or laminating machines.
- 4 years + experience in the operating flexographic printing press
- Must be able to work 12-hour shift
- Must be able to walk around frequently and stand on a concrete surface
- Must be able to lift or carry weight approximately 30 pounds
- Must be able to work weekends
Contact: Alden Galvanek, CSAM
Recruiter – Manufacturing and Chemicals
50101 Governors Drive, Suite 260
Chapel Hill, NC 27517