The primary focus of this job is to perform the production duties assigned by the Production Manager.
- Fill in for Production Manager
- Able to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Multipurpose Chemical Operator
- Able to supervise shifts
- Operate Human Machine Interface Computer
- Write and train Employees on procedures
- Troubleshoot problems
- Drive Forklift and Hi-Rise
- Calculate using basic mathematics
- Assist with process paperwork (Verify Batch process paperwork is available and approved for production)
- Trending the process
- Assisting in interviewing of new hires
- Assigning work assignments
- Writing work orders
- Working with Ground water Monitoring and waste water
- Running the Processes
- Offloading and loading of Tankers
- Maintenance issues when needed
- Verify orders in shipping when needed
- Access ABAS for inventory details and movement
- Operate ADT security system
- Cycle count supplies
- Make confined space entries
- Level- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
- Degree- Bachelor’s degree/associates degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production manufacturing environment in Chemical Plant or like environment such as; Refinery, Pulp & Paper, resin, or petro-chemical
- Must have Control Room experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledgeable of area process equipment, chemistry and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- Be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Abide and follow all safety procedures.
- Be able to wear personal safety equipment provided by The Company, Inc. (gloves, safety goggles, hardhat, and safety shoes) at all times.
- Eyeglasses with the proper side shields must be worn if vision is corrected.
- Be able to lift up to 75 pounds numerous times a day.
- Be able to achieve and maintain a Forklift license.
- Basic mathematics including but not limited to add, subtract, multiply, divide, percent calculations.
- Work in work clothing, long sleeve shirt, pants (no shorts, tee shirts).
- Effectively communicate using radios.