- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Definition: Under the direction of the rooms department managers, the Valet is responsible for ensuring smooth parking services as well as the transferring and/or storing of guest luggage and assisting/responding to all guest requests.
Duties & Tasks:
- Provide Valet service's to all guests of The Chanler at Cliff Walk
- Retrieve and transport guest luggage
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Organize and store luggage
- Ensure that management/leadership team is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from guests and/or other departments
- Assist with room moves, special luggage deliveries and/or pulls, and attend the main lobby and front door, as needed
- Piloting the property-designated vehicles to and from destinations within Newport area as needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Previous hotel, restaurant or customer service experience are preferred
- Ability to drive an automobile with a standard (5/6 speed) transmission
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 60 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include overtime, weekends and holidays. The Chanler at Cliff Walk is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. The Chanler at Cliff Walk expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Chanler at Cliff Walk's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The Chanler at Cliff Walk
TravelView all jobs at The Chanler at Cliff Walk