The Operations Assistant is responsible for overseeing operations at The Center for Work Ethic Development. The role includes shipping and receiving, inventory control, office management, and basic bookkeeping. Provides direction and support for business development, though there is no direct sales or fundraising expectation.
Shipping and Receiving:
- Receive incoming deliveries and ensure items and quantities match
- Determine storage areas for inbound shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse and office
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas
- Fulfill orders either through warehouse or in-house inventory
- Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates
- Maintain files of shipping records
- Trace any missing or lost shipments
- Maintain inventory levels for all products
- Work with vendors to re-order physical inventory as needed
- Maintain and update online store (InfusionSoft/Keap)
- Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly
- Basic website (WordPress) maintenance and updating
- Data entry and document editing
- Track, create and send certifications
- Assist existing clients with basic account management issues
- Answer incoming calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Accounts payable: receive invoices, review for accuracy, record use tax due as appropriate, post in QuickBooks, pay invoices as they come due by preparing checks, getting them signed by management, mailing them.
- Accounts receivable: Using QuickBooks, create invoices from sales orders and send the invoices by mail/email as appropriate. Receive payments and post against applicable account receivable. Prepare deposits for payments received, make bank deposits. Record sales made via the on-line store.
- Credit cards: Shortly after month end, match credit card receipts to the download of credit card charges to be provided by the CFO. Review to ensure that any unpaid use tax due is recorded. In QuickBooks, post the credit card transactions downloaded by the CFO to appropriate expense accounts.
- Cash: Monthly reconciliation of the operating account.
- Financial Statements: Record monthly journal entries (payroll, amortization of capitalized product development cost, etc.) then prepare balance sheet and income statement (QuickBooks reports)
1. Live the expectations of the seven foundational values and behaviors of work ethic
2. Willing to work in a start-up environment with a flexible schedule
3. Adaptability to meet changing business and client needs
4. Ability to grow into new role with the organization
5. Professional writing and presentation skills
6. Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
7. Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and innovative approach to problem-solving
Pay and Benefits:
1. Monthly base salary
2. Flexible work environment
3. Casual dress
4. Dogs allowed
5. Near Union Station location with free parking
6. No medical or dental insurance provided at this time
Operations Assistant reports to the Chief Executive Officer