1. Assists in creating and formulating CIBD’s future direction and financial planning, and supports tactical financial initiatives.
2. Monitors and directs the implementation of financial strategic business plans, including setting short-term and long-term strategic goals.
3. Develops, implements, and maintains comprehensive financial strategies.
4. Manages the capital request, financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting process and function.
5. Assists with strategic planning for new initiatives and CIBD’s expansion including continued monitoring for adherence to strategic plans.
6. Develops performance measures and monitoring systems that support CIBD's strategic direction.
7. Collaborates with the executive management team for growth initiatives and development of strategic plan to accomplish initiatives.
8. Provides executive management team with advice and counseling on the financial implications of business activities and prospective financial planning.
1. Participates in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
2. Maintains in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
3. Manages the accounting department and personnel.
4. Manages any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced.
5. Analyzes and reviews the company's transaction processing systems.
6. Implements operational fiscal best practices.
7. Analyzes and reviews the accounts payable and receivables of the organization.
8. Analyzes and reviews daily cash flow, bank reconciliations and organizational reimbursements.
9. Maintains organizational business policies and procedures.
10. Monitors cash balances and cash forecasts.
11. Collaborates with the clinic, grants and pharmacy department to maximize profits and ensure compliance.
12. Performs financial modeling for projected revenue levels.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Financial Oversight and Reporting
1. Reports financial results to the board of directors.
2. Prepares month-end reports for executive team.
3. Coordinates the financial audit, Government Single Audit A-133 Reporting and filing of tax return.
4. Analyzes and fosters collection of federal grants from Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
5. Analyzes and administers the Factor Replacement Program of sub-recipients of HRSA grants.
6. Financially manages control of state funding for the Networking California for Sickle Cell Care (NCSCC). Providing funding and contracts to participating sites.
1. Understands and mitigate key elements of CIBD’s risk profile.
2. Constructs and monitors reliable control systems.
3. Maintains appropriate insurance coverage.
4. Ensures that CIBD complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
5. Ensures that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
6. Reports risk issues to the Chief Compliance Officer and board of directors.
7. Maintains relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
8. Performs annual review of insurance policies (health, worker’s compensation, liability) to ensure that policies meet the needs of CIBD and are cost appropriate and recommendations on potential alternatives if necessary.
1. Participates in conference calls with the investment and financial community.
2. Manages all third-party banking or financial vender relationships.
3. Represents CIBD with outside stakeholders and partners.
4. Attends executive team and Board of Directors meeting.
5. Decides on CIBD investment strategies by considering funds and liquidity risks in furtherance of CIBD’s operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a relevant discipline, and master degree, CPA, or MBA. Significant proven experience as CFO, finance officer, or relevant executive role.
· Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
· Experience with corporate governance.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
· Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
· Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
· Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
Special qualifications: Must have demonstrated proficiency with applicable laws/regulations and management theories, including policy/procedure development; strong organizational skills in the areas of administrations and healthcare operations; effective interface with diverse groups; effective supervisory skills.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
· Possesses an effective communication style and leverages it to maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrates the ability to be self-directed and work effectively with others at all levels.
· Excellent organizational skills to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities
· Proficiency and ability to effectively use Windows MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Internet Explorer, facsimile machines, copiers, scanners and database software.
· Demonstrates effective written and verbal communications skills.
· Trustworthy, understands the need to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy.
· Works well under pressure, has the ability to effectively handle multiple items / tasks as required and adapt favorably to changing priorities. Effectively prioritizes tasks and projects as required.
· Subscribes to a customer first philosophy. Treats all staff and patients in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and backgrounds.
· A keen appreciation and understanding of the CIBD’s mission and philosophy including dedication and commitment to:
ü Creating a professional environment that supports the mission, goals and values
ü The success of the organization through active participation and cooperation with team members
ü Improving public health
ü Continuous professional development