Project Manager, Law Enforcement Initiatives
The Center For Policing Equity Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
CPE is looking for a skilled Project Manager for a full-time, contract position supporting its Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) Team. The Project Manager will leverage their background in project management and risk assessment to assist the LEI Program Manager, including leading multiple projects of complex scope and high visibility.
This role is expected to work 40 hours per week for a term of 3 months, with possible renewal/extension depending on need and performance. The Project Manager for LEI will report to the LEI Program Manager who manages overall program responsibilities for the LEI Team.
About CPE's Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) Team
The LEI Team is composed of Implementation Specialists and Data Acquisition Specialists.
Implementation Specialists are responsible for working directly with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) across North America to help them realize their policing and public safety equity goals. This includes their interaction with chiefs of police and other police department administrative staff; city governmental agencies like the Mayor's Office, City Council Members and other elected and/or appointed city officials.
The Data Acquisition Specialists are data experts who work directly with police agencies to gather and organize their data in preparation for the scientific analyses that show how agencies are policing their communities.
- Project Management: Help the LEI Program Manager to create and execute on project plans, manage and organize LEI Team activities, collaborate with other CPE teams to organize and manage day-to-day cross-functional activities, identify, define and track KPIs and additional Project Management duties as assigned by the LEI Program Manager
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to team bandwidth and project completion and effectively address and resolve issues; maintain a high-level view of activities happening within and around LEI to identify and resolve potential roadblocks/issues/pitfalls
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clearly distill and communicate complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, prioritize tasks and activities for diverse audiences including org executives, program staff, and external agencies
- Bachelor's degree / 5+ years of Project and/or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Ability to handle ambiguity and juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
The Center For Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural and policy change. We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at The Center For Policing Equity