Senior Program Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
- Recruitment service provider(s) do not contact COE to offer recruiting assistance for this position.
Have you ever dreamed of going to a job that you love? Well, you need to look no further - COE is an award-winning workplace with a balanced focus on client, employee, and company. We offer competitive benefits and a flexible environment focused on your success. We encourage all interested candidates to apply! It's time to see if COE is the right place for the next step in your career - we are ready to invest in you!
As an EEO employer, COE celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment of equitability where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and COE employees. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About the Role
COE is seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Program Manager to lead a multi-year Program Improvement project for the US Forest Service. This key position will be the main point of contact and COE team lead for the national evaluation of their Wildfire Crisis strategy encompassing the review, planning, prioritization, and monitoring of this mission critical program to reduce the threat of uncontrolled forest fires in the West. The Sr. Program Manager will be integral to COE's success in stakeholder management, remote facilitation, strategic communications, program evaluation strategies, and providing recommendations for process and program improvements. This is primarily a hybrid work assignment, with occasional travel to local client site(s) within the Washington DC/Metro area and limited travel to Western client locations.
The candidate should apply with proven experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of Emergency Preparedness and Response Planning. Experience with emergency management and/or fire prevention strategies is a plus.
- Managing multiple project engagements/tasks, supervise contract personnel interfacing with senior client leadership, and assure the quality of overall deliverables.
- Lead and integrate elements of complex projects to achieve desired results by clearly defining and managing the project scope and setting strategically aligned goals, schedules, and quality reviews.
- Responsible for the oversight, coordination, and integration of multiple business improvement and enterprise transformation projects provided by the company or agency's direction.
- Assist the customer in monitoring project scope, determining schedules, reviewing deliverables, and participating in project reviews that look across the totality of the customers' programs.
- Set project ‘point-of-view' and overall approach to engagements and shape senior management agendas to create and maintain an executive level momentum for change.
- Facilitate and lead team discussions and meetings.
- Manage and control financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with respect to task requirements.
- Possesses the ability to create an environment that inspires and champions those who exceed desired results.
- Must have prior experience working with the Federal Government. Candidates without Federal experience will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience, master's degree and eight (8) years of experience; in business, management, emergency management or other related fields.
- Must possess a strong background in program evaluations.
- Must have up-to-date knowledge of, and skills in, the latest management techniques and practices.
- Must know process improvement strategies for difficult projects, business analysis methods and techniques, sophisticated consulting strategies and techniques, functional area test practices, organizational development and systems approaches to integrating total solutions.
- Proven ability to guide the team to envision and achieve the desired results.
- Motivate the teams to meet time sensitive demands.
- Other areas of expertise may include business process reengineering, statistical process control, individual and organizational assessment and evaluation, process modeling, strategic and business planning, performance measurement, organizational development, change management, and the development of leadership/management skills.
- Possesses strong facilitation and cross-functional team facilitation skills.
- History of ethical and value-based performance.
- US citizenship is required.
- Willing to work in a hybrid environment as described above.
COE has been awarded the prestigious "When Work Works" award every year from 2013-2017 in recognition of our engaging corporate culture and strong employee benefits! We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to meet the personal and family needs of our employees. The following information is a brief summary of these benefits and may be subject to change.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Group Term Life and Accidental Death Benefit
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employer-Paid Professional Development
- Educational Assistance
- Performance Incentive Bonus Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smart Benefits®
- Parking Assistance Policy
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
The Center For Organizational Excellence, IncWashington, DC
Get fresh Senior Program Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.