- Posted: over a month ago
Have you ever dreamed of going to a job that you love? Well, you need to look no further - COE is an award-winning workplace with a balanced focus on client, employee, and company. We offer competitive benefits and a flexible environment focused on your success. We encourage all interested candidates to apply! It's time to see if COE is the right place for the next step in your career - we are ready to invest in you!
As an EEO employer, COE celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment of equitability where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and COE employees. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About the Role
The role requires individuals who are fully aligned and committed to COE and the way COE requires project management to take place. Project Managers may, or may not, also be a supervisor.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Be fully trained in project management and perform consistent with COE's Project Success Guidance and Policy.
- Ensure project outcomes are measured and achieved and high-quality performance and deliverables produced. Manage to achieve solutions that improve organizational performance or transform client organizations. Ensure best and innovative practices are applied.
- Ensure all project staff and partners possess and exhibit the characteristics of trusted advisors.
- Develop and maintain effective and trusting relationships with client leaders and staff.
- Lead projects of various sizes involving policy, methods, technologies, staff, partner companies, travel, and client staff.
- Manage quality control, risk management, schedules, resources, documentation/data control, and security. Must follow COE's 4 Quadrants of Quality and train team members in its use.
- Manage and meet COE values and financial objectives.
- Develop and lead presentations within client organizations, and to COE management and leadership. Represent COE in all contacts. Develop strong relationships within and across the client organization. Act as they central communicator of the project and solutions. Persuade client leaders, stakeholders and others.
- Guide team in documenting project process, methodologies, and conducting capture research. Work with Subject Matter Experts to ensure the correct and most robust solutions for the client.
- Inspire and train employees consistent with COE values, culture, policy, and procedures. This should be performed commensurate with the requirements for managing a well-educated and professional staff within the management consulting profession.
- Approve time sheets, expense reports, PTO, and other similar requirements.
- Orient and onboard new employees and ensure they are fully inculcated with the norms of COE and project requirements. Support hiring, proposals, and related activities.
- Ensure employees are fully engaged to ensure successful projects and measurable outcomes.
- Develop and cross train employees in critical areas consistent with COE requirements. Ensure employees actively receive coaching and mentoring as necessary.
- As warranted, honor exemplary staff or their commendable action by advocating for them and provide awards and recognitions. Celebrate personal and team accomplishments and successes. Appreciate and recognize the expertise each staff member brings along with the ability to contribute to our success.
- Implement COE's performance management process and policy, and ensure all employees perform consistent with COE expectations.
- Protect the business and reputation of COE by taking immediate, clear, and documented action on employees who are not performing as required. Supervisor must conduct this under the direction of the next level management and with HR guidance.
- Document all performance or employment actions and discussions with each employee and provide it to HR. Where employment action is necessary (promotion, demotion, performance improvement plan, termination, etc.), the supervisor shall perform with the support of HR and in collaboration with the next level management.
- Assist in planning future staffing levels and requirements. Write and obtain approval for position descriptions and hiring actions.
- Participate in conflict resolution activity as required for employees reporting to you.
- Education and experience consistent with the primary role Position Description. PMP required.
- 5-8 years (mid level) or 10+ years (senior level) of experience as a respected project manager commensurate with the nature of the project being managed.
- Strong communication skills, organizational commitment, relationship building, and leadership.
- Ability to full adopt how COE chooses to manage projects.
- Demonstrated experience in a federal market consulting or related firm.
- People care orientation.
We are proud to have been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms. COE has also received consecutive awards of the prestigious "When Work Works" award in recognition of our engaging corporate culture and strong employee benefits!
We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to meet the personal and family needs of our employees. The following information is a brief summary of these benefits and may be subject to change.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Group Term Life and Accidental Death Benefit
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employer-Paid Professional Development
- Educational Assistance
- Performance Incentive Bonus Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Financial Planning Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Smart Benefits®
- Parking Assistance Policy
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
The Center For Organizational Excellence, Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?