GENERAL SUMMARY:The Banking Center Manager will lead the Sandwich banking center with a focus on providing leadership, delivering exceptional customer service, business development, and community relations. Responsibilities include: exercising sound judgment; guiding Banking Center team in delivering outstanding customer service; coaching, directing and developing staff; establishing and achieving growth goals; ensuring operational efficiencies; lending; operations; administration of the facility, equipment and budget.
Leadership and Staff Supervision
- Actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Clearly communicates productivity and performance standards to all branch personnel.
- Ensures effective communication to staff and implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of staff.
- Responsible for managing employee performance including ongoing performance feedback and preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations.
- Adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Engages in leading and inspiring the Banking Center team in delivering exceptional customer service and financial guidance to customers.
- Develops staff in role of trusted financial advisor.
- Follows the Cape Cod 5 customer service standards to ensure the Banking Center team provides outstanding service to all new, existing and potential customers
- Resolves complex internal and external issues in a timely manner.
Business Development and Community Relations
- Establishes and meets business development goals for the Banking Center in line with the organization’s corporate goals.
- Focuses on developing commercial and retail prospects and building on existing customer relationships.
- Actively participates in centers of influence such as chambers of commerce and business and industry associations. Regularly attends organizations’ meetings and develops/builds a referral and potential customer network.
- Participates in civic and community organizations that benefit the local communities.
Banking Center Operations
- Ensures that the physical control and daily accounting of cash, checks, and other items of value is properly administered.
- Ensures satisfactory audit results through compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifies areas for improved workflow efficiencies.
- Maintains proper Banking Center security.
- Responsible for the day to day appearance and maintenance of the Banking Center.
- Participates in establishing and managing the Banking Center budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Para Planner designation preferred
- Notary Public
- Medallion Signature Guarantee
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Four or more years of progressively responsible management experience in retail banking or a financial institution
- Thorough knowledge of Bank products and services
- Consumer and small business lending origination experience required
- Excellent business development, customer service, and problem solving skills
- Effective training, coaching and mentoring skills
- Commitment to continuing education
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to resolve complex problems
- Computer literate, ability to quickly learn, promote and train to new programs and channels (mobile, digital, online)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays at the Banking Center and community events
- Must have cyber security awareness to protect the digital environment, the Bank, and customers
- Management Courage/Command Skills
- Business Acumen
- Culture/Guest/Customer Service Ambassador
- Sound Judgment
- Technology Enthusiast/Early Adopter
- Problem Solving
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Financial Comprehension
- Learning Agility