The Canine Culture Stockton, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Canine Culture, voted Best of San Joaquin year after year, offers boarding, grooming and training services exclusively for dogs. We are looking for an experienced all-breed dog groomer to join our team. You must have a minimum of one year all-breed grooming in a grooming salon and be familiar with all breeds and types of dogs. We do not groom cats.
We offer a guaranteed hourly minimum plus commissions and tips. Your workday is done when you have finished your grooming assignment and have cleaned your work area. We do not require you to be here to check your dogs out at the end of your day.
Our grooming salon is state-of-the-art with the newest high-end equipment. Our tub and grooming tables are electric powered for lowering or rising to your comfort level. All you need to provide is your own personal grooming tools which we will sharpen for you whenever needed. Everything else will be provided. We do all the laundry so you won’t need to be spending your time washing, drying or folding towels, etc.
Dog Groomer Responsibilities:
- Dematting and detangling hair as required.
- Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
- Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
- Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
- Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
- Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
- Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
- Routinely cleaning work areas.
- Recommending suitable products to pet owners.
Dog Groomer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the National Dog Groomer Association of America is advantageous.
- Proven professional grooming experience.
- Sound understanding of animal behavior.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Our grooming clientele is always growing as our highly successful boarding business is in demand and draws new customers constantly. We have many established long term grooming clients which are very generous with their tips to our groomers. The position requires availability to groom at least part of the day on Sundays to make sure our Sunday afternoon departures are freshly groomed if the customer has requested this service.
If you’d like to discuss details to see if this opportunity is the right fit for you please submit your resume with your contact information or stop by our location to apply. Office hours are M, T, Th, F from 9am – Noon/4PM – 6Pm. On Sunday 4PM – 6PM. Closed Saturday and Wednesday.
The Canine Culture
9751 N Highway 99Stockton, CA
AnimalView all jobs at The Canine Culture