- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Campbell Course, Home of The Children’s Course & First Tee - Greater Portland
We are located in Gladstone, Or
“A Golf Community Fostering Education, Equity, and Opportunity”
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of The Campbell Course, Home of The Children’s Course, and First Tee - Greater Portland, located in Gladstone, OR – just 20 minutes from Portland.
The Campbell Course, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nine-hole, par 3 golf course, dedicated to nurturing children from all walks of life, ages 4 to 18, building values that strengthen character and guiding youth in becoming responsible adults through the game of golf. One of the many programs administered by The Campbell Course and run throughout the Portland and Eugene area is the First Tee - Greater Portland, one chapter of a national/international non-profit youth initiative. First Tee was created in 1997 by the World Golf Foundation to provide young people of all ethnic and economic backgrounds an opportunity to develop, through golf and education life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity, and sportsmanship.
Established in 1996, and home of the First Tee - Greater Portland, our mission is to empower learning, learning, equity, access, and success through the game of golf for children, families, and the broader community.
Employment Status / Salary
This is a Full time, exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience including base salary, and competitive benefits package.
Are you ready to step into an Executive Director role that will challenge you every day yet provide you with a REAL opportunity to make an immediate & large impact on children in the community? Are you seen as and believe that you are a leader, a leader in the community, a leader of dedicated staff, or a leader representing an organization?
This year marks The Campbell Courses’ 25th Anniversary! Be part of this incredible nonprofit with challenging opportunities to solve, and a team you’ll enjoy working with each, and every day. We are looking for you to drive fundraising, community and donor engagement, and high-impact operational activities. You will work with a dynamic staff, and a fantastic group of kids to take our organization to the next level. While the most critical role you will serve is to drive fundraising, you will use your experience, and sharp intellect to hone business operations processes and discipline for the team. You’ll do this in a way that makes the group more efficient and productive. This role will go beyond setting up and managing meetings, defining, and managing a business, delivering on commitments (including setting and managing KPIs), and managing/planning budgets. This nonprofit is in a critical stage of growth having finished a capital campaign and construction on a state-of-the-art, indoor learning center, a newly remodeled golf shop, and a technology center to access more youth and provide year-round programming. What comes with this role is the opportunity to move faster and think bigger. Join our team and be part of the future innovation happening now, all while impacting the lives of young people in the community through the game of golf.
What are we looking for?
• You are first and foremost a leader. People clamor to be on your teams. You set direction, manage priorities, and make hard decisions all while upholding the utmost degree of integrity.
• You have a passion for working with and developing children.
• You have a track record of successfully driving and delivering fundraising campaigns.
• You are a trusted partner to the team and have exceptional communication skills.
• You’re engaging, strategic, opinionated, respectful, inquisitive, and you know how
to handle problems quickly and efficiently through a lens of DEI
• You are a strong collaborator who will seek the best and right way of doing things
for a mature non-profit (i.e you will challenge the way things have always been
done to ensure it is right for the future).
• You have a knowledge of golf, and a strong background in business operations,
product marketing, product management, strategic planning, or customer
management (or all of them!). You’re a self-starter.
• You have a solid financial background and understand and have a passion for
raising funds to impact the lives of kids in the community.
• You don’t just follow processes, you define them.
• You’re connected. You can’t walk through a charity auction in your town
without getting stopped 3 times by people you know or used to work with –
• You have experience working with a Board of Directors.
• Ideally you have a passion for the game of golf (low handicap score not
required), and exhibit grace and respect when a 12-year-old superstar beats you handily on the course.
• You will be the face of the organization, engaging with the children we serve, our community, our donors and sponsors, and your staff.
• You will be the lead fundraiser, which includes: Developing and implementing plans for capital, operating, and programming needs; identifying and cultivating major donors; supporting grant proposals; securing sponsorship and in-kind donations, along with vendor management.
• You will manage and provide guidance for staff working on programs, including oversight to ensure program alignment to the overall mission, development of appropriate instructional programs, and compliance with First Tee national requirements.
• You will conduct overall management of all fiscal, program, and golf course operations.
• You will oversee all internal and external communications, often crafting a message quickly but requiring attention to detail and knowing the audience.
• You will work with the Board of Directors, a strong team of individuals focused on doing the right thing for The Campbell Course – Home of The Children’s Course and First Tee - Greater Portland. This means you prepare and present at Board meetings, assist in the recruitment and onboarding of new board members, ensure governance rules and laws are practiced, and provide reports.
• You will get out into the community and advocate for the organization by providing public education and information to our community partners, donors, and service providers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The Campbell Course – Home of The Children’s Course & First Tee-Greater Portland is an equal opportunity employer, valuing diversity and inclusion. Our policy is to comply with all federal/state laws regarding equal employment opportunities as they relate to employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, personnel decisions are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual preference, or veteran status
The mission of The Children’s Course is to transform the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The Campbell Course - Home of The Children's Course/First Tee-Greater Portland
19825 River RdPortland, OR
Get fresh Campus Executive Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.