Chief Operations Officer
The Calico Group Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical
We are looking for a Chief Operations Officer to join our rapidly growing company headquartered in Austin, Texas. The Calico Group provides a diverse suite of full-service product and supply chain management solutions covering the full gamut of the ancillary cannabis industry. With our ability to cover such a wide scope of offerings, we are the single solution, global market leader for clientele ranging from SMBs to large multi-state operators. Reporting to our CEO, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will be a key member of the executive leadership team responsible for providing broad operational and P&L leadership in support of company growth. Working alongside our CEO, the COO will help drive a corporate culture, establish best practices, set direction, build company culture, set the standard for operational excellence and superior customer service while driving the future growth of the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with a lean executive management team to develop scalable products and solutions while building long-term operational plans.
- Lead the execution of our company strategy by leading cross-functional initiatives to ensure excellent client delivery and scalability. The COO has direct oversight of Operations, Accounting, Supply, Technology, Human Resources and Administration.
- Focus on developing functional areas to support rapid growth including Administrative, Technology, Supply, Human Resources, Accounting and Operations.
- Establish operating practices and focus on scale, repeatability, process, and structure across all delivery functions.
- Distill overall company priorities into team objectives and key results (OKRs), and clearly communicate how each team contributes to the core message.
- Drive an emphasis on key data and measurement; create and report out on OKRs with metrics to show progress or failure/delay, to remove barriers and get things done cross-functionally; ROI models.
- Provide in depth analysis and insight into capital, technology, process and personnel investments needed to achieve business objectives.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, industry, competitors, suppliers and clients then leverage this understanding to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and implement new products and services that enable the business to grow.
- Recruit, coach, mentor and empower a bright, talented, and high-performing team. Motivate and engage employees, teams and management to focus on short-term goals and longer-term growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience managing operations, marketing, client services, IT, HR, Accounting, Administration (real estate, event planning) and scaling businesses.
- Direct sales experience in a high growth organization.
- A deep understanding of business service operations.
- Prior experience as an operator or leader within a startup company.
- Proven track record of best-in-class service, operations, and financials,
- Experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously and skilled at building process improvements across the organization.
- Proven success in building and developing a high-performing team that is accountable for operating and financial performance goals.
- A deep understanding of supply chain (preferred)
- Extensive domain knowledge in business services, contract manufacturing, packaging, print, and CPG (preferred)
- Global expansion experience (preferred)
- A passion for cultivating culture and developing effective and flexible systems.
- Commitment to core company values (agile, collaborative, innovative) in addition to related attributes including curiosity, growth mindset and continuous improvement.
- Position based in our corporate office in Austin, Texas.
- Up to 50% travel to work onsite with partner and executive leadership.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Calico Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Calico Group
The Calico Group is a global supply chain management firm with a unique and specialized focus on the ancillary cannabis marketplace. Based out of Austin, Texas, with offices across North America and assets around the globe, we carry a unique advantage across our main product & service verticals to provide a direct and customized “full service” approach to fit our client’s ongoing needs. Ranging from innovative hardware and packaging solutions to comprehensive multi-state / multi-year supply planning, The Calico Group is positioned to be the go-to strategy for businesses ranging from budding startups to vertically integrated public entities.
2801 Via FortunaAustin, TX