The Quality Technician conducts the inspection of incoming parts and supplies used for manufacture or distribution of products. The Quality Technician also conducts the setup and testing of product and components. Drive process improvements by identifying deficiencies and providing thought out solutions. Assist Engineering in testing and documenting results of prototype performance. Job qualifying as specified by customers.
1. Inspect products using calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, optical comparator and other appropriate measuring equipment as containers are being unloaded.
2. Generate and maintain spreadsheets for data collection for use in meetings and presentations.
3. Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments as needed
4. Test incoming materials for hardness, material type and plating.
5. Perform and review inline product inspections in both buildings to ensure parts produced meet specifications.
6. Ensure all nonconforming product is controlled and placed in MRB area.
7. Lead routine meetings of products in MRB, communicate discrepancies of part vs print, and transact scrap material as needed.
8. Maintain documentation of all product inspections; including material certs.
9. Perform and document in-house product tests at direction of the Quality Manager.
10. Maintain security and control of QC gage blocks, test, and measuring equipment.
11. Identify, evaluate and assist in implementation of corrective actions related to product quality concerns.
12. Perform FAI’s and production sample inspections at the direction of the Quality Manager and maintain database.
13. Must be able to clearly communicate findings from inspections, to multiple departments as well as vendors in a timely manner.
14. Assist Quality Manager in Updating ISO 9001 QMS processes and controlled documents.
15. Conduct and document, processes and system audits using written procedures as audit standards require.
16. Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste.
17. Must be able to use Microsoft Visio and Access for database updates.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Problem Solving/Analytical.
4. Time Management.