Senior Medical Transcriptionist
The CSI Companies Gretna, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title of Job: Senior Medical Transcriptionist / Certified Medical Transcriptionist
The CSI Companies are hiring a Senior Medical Transcriptionist for one of our Fortune 500 healthcare clients in Gretna, LA. As one of the most respected healthcare companies, not only do they have a great company culture they offer incentives such as exceptional training, benefits, weekly pay and potential for growth!
Pay: $20-$32 an hour
Schedule / Hours: 9-5pm Monday-Friday
Status: Full Time
Starting off as a 3 month consultant position.
Location: Gretna, LA
Dress Code: Business Casual
Effective Date / Tentative Start Date: Interviewing Immediately
- Transcribe medical reports, summaries, office visit notes and other medical documents from recorded messages from health care providers
- Provide online copies of transcribed documents to physicians or other providers for review and signature, making corrections or changes as noted
- Familiarity with proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as medical jargon and abbreviations for accuracy
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records
- Work with transcription equipment that can include speech recognition equipment, word processing, and computer software
- Maintain strict adherence to patient confidentiality according to provider standards and government regulations
- Review transcription documents for quality assurance and precision to spot and correct any errors that could impact patient care and medical liability
- Create templates and enter data into electronic health record (EHR) systems for updated record keeping and archives
What qualifications do I need to have?
- Associates Degree
- Able to type 90 WPM
- Proficiency with EHR, Microsoft Office and speech recognition software
- Previous experience in hospital or other health care setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification in medical transcription (CMT)
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work and thrive in pressure situations
- Punctual and reliable disposition
- Superb listening and time management skills
What Will My Day Look Like?
- Participate in various projects to help you grow in your career path in the fast-paced healthcare industry.
- You, your team and your manager will share goals, customer feedback and metrics to help you reach all of your weekly goals.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in discussions
- Required to maintain confidentiality and security of documents.
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The CSI Companies
About Us The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. Benefits Offered: Weekly pay Medical, dental, and vision coverage Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage Paid Training Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability For additional information, please apply!