The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Picking Technician for our client located in the Westbrook, ME area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 2pm to 10pm
The Picking Technician assists the pharmacist with preparation of routine medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on physician orders and prescriptions.
- Fill daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner
- Review facility pre-list and prepare 30/31 day cards with the appropriate drug.
- Works under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist; assisting with dispensing medication according to the prescription
- Assist the purchasing coordinator with restocking and cleaning shelves with medication and other items as needed.
- May assist with regular inventory cycle.
- Assist in bagging and boxing drugs according to the facility and work with the delivery team to ensure boxes or bags are taken to the warehouse in a timely manner.
- Stage and generate manifest for cycle exchange.
- Perform scheduled cycle exchange.
- Communicate with nursing staff to obtain/provide key information.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Verifiable high School diploma or equivalent
- Must understand basic pharmacology; abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to interpret prescriptions for filling.
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Ability to perform task accurately and efficiently