CSI Professional is actively seeking a Medical Administrative Assistant for our client located in the Saddle River, NJ area. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Fortune 100 client’s, a center of excellence that supports delivery and augments capabilities of revenue cycle management solutions, team!
*Weekly pay provided and health, dental and vision insurance offered!
Schedule: M-F (normal business hours)
Location: Saddle River, NJ 07458
Duration: 3 month temp assignment
- Utilizes various hospital/physician systems to verify patient, billing and claim information for accuracy.
- Retrieves medical records through various systems.
- Submits Medical records through hard-copy submission or via payor portal.
- Reviews and disseminate Correspondence received to appropriate Colleagues.
- Processes returned mail.
- Scans and print images.
- Prints and submission of hard-copy claims received from multiple units.
- Responds timely to emails and telephone messages as appropriate.
- Communicates issues to management, including payor, system or escalated account issues or trends
- Vocal and active in meetings as requested, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge. Also, the expectation will be to lead team huddles and print/mail internal bi-weekly call.
- Maintains and respect the confidentiality of patient information in accordance with insurance collection guidelines and corporate policy and procedure.
- Supports client /internal processes.
- Monitors office supplies and communicate to supervisor/admin for ordering.
- Supports company's Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to company's business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with company's Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or company Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- Pick up supply orders and mail from mail room
- High school diploma or GED.
- 6+ months of experience in a clerical role or certification in medical billing or medical coding acquired within the last two years.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office(Mostly Excel).
- Experience using an Enterprise Scanner/printer/copier/fax machine
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievement of performance metrics.
- Proven time management skills and able to handle multiple projects
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain HIPAA compliance