Hours: M-F 8-5
- Welcome and escort patient from reception area to and from the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts, fabricate custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, clean and polish removable appliances and fabricate temporary restorations.
- Assist in Hygiene Department as needed and within delegable duties and functions guidelines such as coronal polishing, placement of pit and fissure sealants.
- Place bases, liners, and bonding agents.
- Test pulp vitality and record findings.
- Apply bleaching agents and activate with non-laser light curing device. Adjust dentures extraorally.
- Chemically prepare teeth for bonding.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Previous dental assisting experience required.
- Meet state of requirements and obtain Registered Dental Assistant or Certified Dental Assisting license in Florida.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.