CDI Registered Nurse
The CSI Companies Tacoma, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CSI Professional is actively seeking a CDI RN SPECIALIST for our client located in the TACOMA, WA area.
Title of Job: CDI RN Specialist
Pay: $35-38/hr. based on experience and client approval
Hours: Full Time; Monday thru Friday; 8a-4:30p
Status: Tacoma, WA 98402
Effective Date / Tentative Start Date: ASAP
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
If you are/have:
- 2 year minimum of acute RN experience
- Prior CDI experience is helpful but not required
- Graduate from a Nursing program, BSN, or graduate and an Active Washington RN license
- CDIP or CCDS is a plus!
we would love for you to apply to join our Fortune 500 client’s, a leading provider in the healthcare industry for over 30 years, team!
The CDI RN Specialist Responsible for reviewing medical records to facilitate and obtain appropriate physician documentation for any clinical conditions or procedures to support the appropriate severity of illness, expected risk of mortality, and complexity of care of the patient, by improving the quality of the physicians’ clinical documentation. Exhibits a sufficient knowledge of clinical documentation requirements, MS-DRG Assignment, and clinical conditions or procedures, educates members of the patient care team regarding documentation guidelines, including attending physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and case management.
REQUIRED JOB DUTIES:
- Record Review – 75%
- Completes initial medical records reviews of patient records within 24-48 hours of admission for a specified patient population to: (a) evaluate documentation to assign the principal diagnosis, pertinent secondary diagnoses, and procedures for accurate MS-DRG assignment, risk of mortality and severity of illness; and (b) initiate a review worksheet.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of patients every 2-3 days to support and assign a working or final MS-DRG assignment upon patient discharge, as necessary.
- Collaborates with case managers, nursing staff and other ancillary staff regarding interaction with physicians regarding documentation and to resolve physician queries prior to discharge.
- Training new staff – 10%
- Professional Development – 5%
- Stays current with AHA Official Coding and Reporting Guidelines, CMS and other agency directives for ICD-9-CM and CPT coding.
- Attends mandatory coding seminars on annual basis (IPPS and OPPS, ICD-9-CM and CPT updates) for inpatient and outpatient coding.
- Quarterly review of AHA Coding Clinic.
- Attends Quarterly Coding Updates and all coding conference calls as well as any required CDI education
- CDI – 5%
- Communicates/Completes Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) activities and coding issues (lacking documentation, physician queries, etc.) for appropriate follow-up and resolution
CSI PROFESSIONAL is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 6 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration.
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
For additional information, please apply!
• Weekly pay
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
• Paid Training
• Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
The CSI CompaniesWhy Work Here?
Top 10 ranked Mortgage Lender, established for 30+ years, recipient of the 2021 Top Workplace in the US award.