- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Buttery ATL is a cozy little shop that provides selections made with care and love for our guests, their families and their friends. We offer freshly baked breads and pastries, a jammery, delicious takeaway cold meals, a cheese & charcuterie counter, and delightful snacks. We also offer a rotating, ready-to-eat, hot family meal menu, serving the season’s best offerings. Our guests can come in and thumb through selections or they can shop online and pick up when they’re in a rush. There’s something delicious here for everyone!
Summary of Position
The Head Baker is a hands-on manager that develops and oversees our artisan bread production. They must be experienced and knowledgeable of production bread baking. We work with the best ingredients and use traditional, fundamental techniques in a creative setting. Candidate must also meet deadlines and schedules and therefore requires experience with production and baking schedule. This position mentors, develops, and coaches associates by creating a collaborative work environment while ensuring food safety and process controls are being followed while meeting quality standards.
- Manages the production team leads and team members in the manufacture of multiple lines of Artisan Bread.
- Maintains accurate bread formulas.
- Schedules/assigns shift staff tasks to meet Production Schedules.
- Hires, trains, supervises and schedules a crew of bakers with varying degrees of experience in the bakery.
- Monitors food and labor costs, purchase orders and conducts accurate inventory.
- Tracks key indicators of the production team's performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, and labor costs and communicates these indicators to the team for further action
- Organizes production activities in timely and cost-effective fashion to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met
- Communicates the importance of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance
- Supervises and motivates team members by setting a good example with regard to attitude, work quality, safe practices, attendance, follow-through and organization.
- A minimum of three (3) years of hands on, supervisory experience in a bakery or food production environment or related industry.
- Extremely knowledgeable about bread science, baker’s percentage, formula development, working with wet doughs, slow fermentation, and alternative grains.
- Strong prior experience in all facets of processing (mixing, shaping, and baking) in a high volume artisan bakery and working knowledge of artisan bread making methodology.
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders, proofers, etc.
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards such as AIB (American Institute of Baking)
- Positive and professional communication and customer service skills
- Competent in computer knowledge – accustomed to working in an MS Office environment and competent in Excel
- Willingness and ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or off shift hours
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Passion for food, beverage and hospitality is required
- A high level of personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Good organizational skills
What The Buttery ATL Provides You
The individual and the important work they provide for The Buttery ATL’s guests is greatly valued to us. We want to offer our employees the best benefits experience, so they know how important their determination is to our company.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability options
- Competitive salary with performance-based raises and promotions
- Paid time off
- Ongoing training and education opportunities
- Employee discount
- Employee Referral Program
More detail about The Buttery ATL part of Hopkins and Company, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/313832-the-buttery-atl
About Hopkins & Company:
At Hopkins and Company our vision is to create an environment that inspires our team to be their best, have a hunger to learn, support local farmers and artisans while having a kind heart. We love our community, our city and especially our employees. We believe success is a collaboration among everyone that works for Hopkins and Company– our mindset is team focused. We foster an environment that nurtures, cultivates and encourages individual success. We encourage everyone to openly share suggestions, ideas, information and knowledge. If we hire you, it's because we want to invest in you, your personal growth and your future.
The Buttery ATL
Get fresh Head Baker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.