The Building People
- Over a month ago
The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a full-time HVAC/R Technician for the facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency. The HVAC Technician will have a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment on all systems. Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in HVAC trade and be multi-skilled in others (Electrical, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
- Maintains responsibility for facility services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
- Knowledge of the tools, materials, and test equipment used in the installation,
- Maintenance and repair of air conditioning/refrigeration HVAC control systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair HVAC controls, including pneumatic, electric, and electronic controls.
- Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC/BAS control problems, including dampers, coils, HVAC steam related controls, air handling equipment, and all types of valves.
- Adjusts and calibrates pneumatic/electronic devices to balance all HVAC systems.
- Inspects and services controls on a scheduled basis.
- Responds to service calls and troubleshoots problems.
- Prepares estimates for the repair and/or installation of new Mechanical, Electrical and Plumping systems and makes recommendations for such repairs and services.
- Troubleshoots and tests controls using test gauges, amp meters, hydro thermographs, and computers.
- The HVAC technician shall be available to perform manufacturer’s required preventive and emergency repairs on all facility locations HVAC equipment and be on call 24/7 with a maximum response time of 4 hours.
- Electric Only HVAC Systems
- Gas Boiler and Electric HVAC Systems
- Repair equipment and perform corrective maintenance in assigned programmatic area(s).
- Inspect and test equipment / systems to ensure that technical integrity is maintained and if necessary, proposes appropriate corrective action.
- Review pertinent technical manuals to remain current with technology and electrical safety codes.
- Work extensively outdoors in the installation and maintenance of a wide - array of technical equipment; use of ladders, safety equipment and ability to navigate rooftops and tight spaces may be required
- Applies technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions.
- Receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
- Work is spot-checked for accuracy.
- Five (5) years of commercial HVAC/R journeyman level experience.
- Communication skills required to interface and coordinate with other technicians.
- Experience in Building Automation System (BAS) operations with experience using the SIEMENS DESIGO software and hardware.
- Must hold EPA Universal level certification per Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
- Must hold NATE, HVAC Excellence Professional/Industry, or UA Star Mastery certification.
- Experience setting up and managing BAS schedules, set points, and alarms.
- Experience with general RCM practices and procedures.
- Capable of performing physical labor including, walking, standing, lift up to 40lbs, pulling, climbing up and down ladders and agility/dexterity to perform duties assigned.
- Must have six (5) years of progressively responsible HVAC equipment installation, maintenance, and repair experience which includes one year of HVAC control maintenance and repair experience and completion of a HVAC control training program applicable to type of system, or;
- Completion of four years federally approved technical training program in the installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC equipment and completion of a HVAC control training program applicable to type of system and one year of HVAC control maintenance and repair experience.
- The HVAC technician shall be qualified in the preventive maintenance and servicing of the HVAC equipment, have extensive factory training and field experience with the associated HVAC equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, with two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s
- OSHA certified and trained in the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Shall be proficient in brazing and soldering techniques
- Shall be knowledgeable in sizing area for proper size BTU’s for heating and cooling
The Building People
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?