GIS Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
The Technology Solutions & Services team is expanding and broadening our solutions delivery team. As such, we are seeking to build a cohesive team of solution delivery professionals capable of supporting a mixture of both project-based solution deliveries as well as supporting multi-year sustainment contracts. Our team members must be team-oriented, client focused, adaptable and quality driven. Our team endorses every project with standardized processes and resource alignment that leverage ISO 9001 & CMMI Level 3 Services best practice guidelines to ensure high quality delivery. In addition, we leverage established delivery values to ensure success as we plan with our clients their mission for addressing digital transformation, cloud provisioning and IT modernization.
To address talent optimization of our team, we apply Predictive Index as a tool for establishing and aligning our project delivery teams to ensure we align with our client requirement. This effort also provides our resources the comfort that we are aligning everyone to their best of their abilities from a team perspective.
We are looking for individuals that carry characteristics that are:
- Client driven
- Able to work without extensive supervision
- Project & milestone focused
- Task-based/milestone oriented
- Able to support multiple projects with varying scope of services and delivery dates
Our vision statement is providing Integrated Solutions for the Built Environment. Our team is involved in all aspects of EAM/AM, CMMS, GIS, IWMS, and ITSM solution delivery. Our goal is to incorporate a resource team that is capable of supporting a diverse set of industry tools aligning to mission requirements for our client. Within our team, there are areas for career growth and expanded solutions areas that can be individually assessed for personal growth.
The Building People, LLC is seeking two (2) GIS Certified Program Managers to staff a Government project in Washington, DC metro area, for a potential 5 year contract period. The full-time positions include;
- Guidance on the use of technology, tools and/or workflows based on an understanding of clients goals, objectives, or needs. This would include:
- Guidance with the creation of standard operating procedures, white papers, or other technical references for instructing clients personnel in the use of GIS
- Presentations of relevant technology as it becomes known or available in Esri’s portfolio to the client for evaluation to address a present or future need
- Training that is supplemental to that provided by Esri where necessary on tools for the GIS Center of Excellence to carry knowledge and expertise of how to use GIS tools to applicable Business Lines
2. Efficient management and documentation compliant with clients Enterprise Quality Program, Security Procedures and other documentation to capture activity to develop requirements, design, configure and customize applications.
- Expertise and working knowledge of detailed analytics used to support a geospatial program and geospatial deliverables.
- Development (lifecycle development including promotion to production) expertise in any/all languages or environments used for Esri’s ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS including ArcGIS Enterprise, Esri’s Managed Cloud Services and/or any other environments/tools that client employs from Esri
- User Interface design expertise and ease of use techniques that guide the client in application development and usage of custom tools.
- Database expertise for creation and management of federated or un-federated geospatial databases.
- Integration expertise in the use of automated Extract Transform Load techniques with spreadsheets, geodatabases, Google Sheets, and in and between both FedRAMP’d and non-FedRAMP’d database server environments
- ETL techniques in the use of BIM and data management.
- Mobile application expertise for the use of applications with the clients EMCS environment or ArcGIS Online.
- Expertise on ESRI tools and technologies including Insights with ability to help establish build up expertise within the client geospatial community.
- Detailed understanding of the Geospatial Data Act of 2018 and Federal Geospatial Data Committee standards and deliverables with the ability to guide the client towards fulfilling the requirements of the GDA.
- Understanding, approach and capability in developing and testing GIS products on-prem and successfully publishing into production in an ESRI Managed Cloud Service environment
- Understanding, approach and capability in successfully navigating ESRI offerings and successfully dealing with the ESRI organization in publishing into production in a hybrid on-prem/ESRI Managed Cloud Service environment
- Understanding, approach and capability in consulting with, gathering requirements, developing use cases, and delivering impactful GIS solutions to diverse business partners and users
- Understanding, approach and capability in identifying and evaluating GIS resources available for government use.
- Understanding, approach and capabilities in Open Data
- Understanding, approach and capabilities in developing and implementing GIS Governance
- Understanding, approach and capability in developing and maintaining geodatabases
- Understanding and approach to implementing successful integrated GIS projects including
- BIM integration
- CMMS and buildings management solutions integration
- Business Intelligence integration
- Spatial Data/CAD drawings
- Real Estate solution integrations
- Technical approach that will be used to address iterations and routine updates
- Understanding and approach to user acceptance testing and user acceptance
- Understanding, approach and capabilities in modern User Interface technologies and practices as they pertain to GIS solutions
- Technical understanding and approach of the SOW to include, but not limited to: ○ Estimated level of effort ○ Estimated labor mix ○ Assumptions ○ Time requirements
- Understanding of and best practices in emerging innovations and practices in Geographic/Geospatial Information Systems
- Understanding and best practices in delivering GIS solutions in accordance with applicable federal laws and regulations: OMB Circular A16, Geospatial Data Act 2018, Evidence Based Policymaking Act
- Quality Management Plan.
- 5-7 year expertise with Esri ArcGIS Server product line
- Past experience working on staffed contract positions within the Federal Government.
- Knowledge of facilities operations & maintenance, building systems,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Visio and Excel
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including experience with technical writing
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
The Building People
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?