The Building People has a need for a full-time Engineering Technician V - Project Manager supporting the Western Area Power Administration, Desert Southwest Regional Office. The employee will perform the following duties and tasks:
- Assists Government Engineers and Project Managers in reviewing construction specifications and associated documents for completeness, errors, and omissions using WAPA guidelines. Reviews the specifications packages, drawings and other associated documents to ensure that they are error-free and complete.
- Assists Government Engineers and Project Managers in reviewing designs and specifications for various complex systems or equipment. The specifications and drawings shall show enough instruction and detail for a construction contractor to successfully construct the project.
- Works closely with Government Engineers and Project Managers to develop materials lists for projects, prepare asset sheets for new equipment, removal of old equipment and for substation facilities and transmission line sites, project schedules, and closeout projects.
- Provide technical design support to Government Engineers and Project Managers during the design of transmission lines and substation facilities in estimating, risk analysis, scheduling and project tracking.
- Attend meetings to take notes on action items and provide project status updates as needed with internal WAPA employees and external customers. This includes working independently facilitating meetings to provide project status updates with internal Government or contractor employees only.
- Provides financial reports and status of assigned projects to Federal Engineers and Project Managers.
Minimum of a High School Diploma required. Associate s Degree or Bachelor s Degree (preferred). Utility project management experience may be substituted in lieu of educational requirements, plus a minimum three (3) plus years of progressive development in the power industry in project management in construction or technical project management support.
Work Location: Maricopa County at the main WAPA Desert South West Regional Office. There are some instances when a position may be dispatched to other locations for site visits or longer periods as deemed necessary.
Competitive benefits include:
- Medical & Rx
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay