CADD Specialist (TS Cleared)
The Building People
- Posted: over a month ago
The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a full-time CADD Specialist with an active Top Secret Clearance for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) System operator providing drafting support for facilities management projects, documenting, and communicating architectural, engineering and planning designs and information. Utilizing the CAD system, prepare the most detailed architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electronic equipment power schematics and equipment installation drawings.
- Prepare sectional views to clarify positioning of components and to convey information. Also prepare diagrammatic arrangements and working drawings for specialty concerns such as hot and cold-water piping, layout of complex piping systems in confined spaces, numbers, sizes, and locations of plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of layout, detail, and drawings for in-house projects and those to be utilized by outside contractors.
- Prepare and revise existing electronic CAD drawings to reflect changes to the facility which effect Architectural and Engineering Drawings.
- Survey existing buildings and collect data from FBI employees to update all existing CAD drawings. Audit existing drawings for unnecessary layers and corrupt paths to references. • Develop and maintain a policy to update efficiently and effectively “As Built” drawings during the project close-out phase.
- Develop and maintain an organized system to manage hard copies of drawings. Ensure all hard copies are scanned or exist as a digital format.
- Operate, maintain, and configure FMU CAD system scanners, plotters, and printers in order to obtain the best digital and hard copy output.
- Report any malfunctions of the CAD system hardware or software to appropriate personnel.
- Stay knowledgeable on current and emerging CAD technology and methods to advise management on the best software to use, and to advise when it is best to upgrade.
- Serve as the CAD subject matter expert. When needed conduct in-house, informal training on aspects of new hardware/software or advanced features of existing hardware/software. Maintain CAFM vendor relationship as regional point of contact. Understanding of internal charge- back processes and cost center hierarchies.
- Recommend training courses to government personnel
- Assists in application implementations and assists in testing end user processes using defined guidelines.
- Collects data and runs basic reports in response to client inquiries as directed by more senior associates. Perform data audits/data scrubs.
- Able to graphically represent Test-fits, Design Intent Drawings, and Stack-plans and building calculations.
- Creates and maintains master library of CADD drawings.
- Business and data analysis.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Associates Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Drafting, Engineering Technology or related field and 5-7 years’ experience. Or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field and 2-4 years of experience.
- Advanced experience in 2D CAD software (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.).
- Experience in 3D modeling and rendering programs.
- General skills and knowledge in BIM technology as workload is heavily supported by BIM design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Products (Excel, Access, Power Point, Word, etc.). Ability to use query and report generation tools.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and organizational policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Strong record management skills.
The Building People
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?