Class B Truck Driver
The Building Center Inc West Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
The Building Center, Inc.
Job Title: Class B Truck Driver
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-ExemptDivision: Columbia, SC
We are seeking a qualified, dependable Class B Truck Driver to join our delivery team. In this role, you will be responsible for completing accurate, and on-time deliveries to the company’s customers. Our drivers must always drive safely and represent the company in a highly professional and cost-effective manner that complies with DOT and other applicable regulations. We prefer candidates who have at least six months of truck driving experience and who know how to perform routine maintenance on trucks, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Inspects truck tires, lights, brakes, fluids, etc., to ensure safe and cost-effective performance, with preventive maintenance in mind
- Prepares truck for operation by assists in overseeing the loading of the truck, secures items, and verifies the accuracy of shipping papers
- Delivers orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established timeframes and customers’ needs
- Maintains communication with dispatch and company during deliveries to ensure any updated instructions are received
- Documents delivery, accuracy, and receipt of orders by the customer according to company directives and reports any discrepancies to company
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Maintains and monitors truck maintenance
- Maintains a safe driving record free of violations
- Maintains required documents for safety, security, and quality processes
- Adhere to company policies, rules, regulations, and procedures
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
CDL Class B License
Superior customer service
Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations
Ability to pass a background check and drug test
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Ability to effectively communicate with dispatch and customers, as needed
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred, but not required. Must have valid CDL Class B license and current Medical card (preferred).
Paid Time Off
While performing this job’s duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Building Center, Inc., founded in the Charlotte metro market in 1977, has grown into one of the largest non-publicly traded lumber and building products dealers in the US, ranked #43 overall in Pro Sales 2020 industry rankings.
“We’ve built our business on providing excellent and consistent service to our builder customers,” said CEO and founder, Ed Norris. Accordingly, The Building Center maintains a fleet of over 100 trucks to service the Carolinas, with locations in Columbia SC, Holly Hill SC, Rock Hill SC, Pineville NC, Gastonia NC, Greensboro NC, and Mebane NC.
The Building Center leverages its sizable regional presence to purchase and sell branded and commodity products at competitive market prices. Inventories are maintained and managed to meet the needs of individual markets, regional building practices, and metro architectural trends.
“Our mission is to be our customer's most valued building partner,” said Skip Norris, President. “That means we have products he or she needs on hand, trucks to deliver, and manufacturing support throughout every inch of the Carolinas.”
This level of ready product availability and service includes truss plants in north and central North Carolina and millwork/door shops in both the Triad and Charlotte metro locations. Additionally, custom millwork and prefab components are built-in Pineville, which also sources and fabricates exotic wood products like reclaimed lumber flooring, siding, cabinetry, and mantles.
“At the end of the day, construction is a people business,” said Skip Norris. “We’re here to provide assistance and solutions to the hard-working customers we serve.”
The Building Center, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with The Building Center, Inc., please call (704) 889-8182 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday - Friday and some Saturdays
The Building Center Inc
AddressWest Columbia, SC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at The Building Center Inc