Position: Member Services Coordinator
Reports To: Operations Director with guidance from Food and Beverage Director
Job Description: To consistently achieve a high degree of member care and service throughout the Club and to provide an exceptional and memorable guest experience. The Member Services Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a positive and professional first impression by greeting all guests to the Club, hanging coats, answering and directing phone calls and processing reservations in accordance with The Buffalo Club standards.
- Complies with The Buffalo Club's Vision & Values
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and dressed in accordance with The Buffalo Club's appearance standards.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Anticipate guest and contact needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to concerns and requests.
- Exceptional communication abilities when interacting/ directing associates, guests, clients and internal departments to build relationships.
- Able to consistently perform tasks with little direct supervision.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers.
- Proactively greets and provides friendly and professional service in a timely manner.
- Enforces dress code policy and provides jackets or ties when necessary.
- Provides information about the Club including directions to the various rooms.
- Answers phone, transfer calls to proper extension.
- Accepts, records and confirms reservations for dining, hotel, member events and prepares floor plans and signage for member events with support of F&B Director and Manager.
- Arranges for special guest services/requests.
- Provides information regarding availability and rates for members and guests.
- Maintains supply of club information for members.
- Provides concierge-type services to guests.
- Manages mail- sorts and distributes in-coming and posts outgoing including overnight mail services.
- Performs general office administration such as data entry, filing and copies/faxing.
- Maintains postage machine, copier and fax machine; supplies and operation.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Maintains member and guest records including member mailing and telephone lists.
- Maintains current database of reciprocal clubs and arranges for reciprocal visits and letters of introduction.
- Monitors security cameras and fire panel in case of emergency.
- Hangs coats, stores hats, umbrellas, luggage, packages, bags etc and provides claim check.
- Maintains appearance of lobby/reception and coat room areas including floors.
- Posts daily events on lobby activity (function) boards.
- In addition, other duties may be required as directed by your management.
- Manage all aspects of the Hotel reservations including but not limited to; contact information, name, member number, phone number, payment information.
- Sends and/or coordinates Hotel confirmations 2 days before guest arrival.
- Receives letters of introduction from reciprocal club members as needed. Files and stores appropriately for future use.
- Checks reservations daily to make ensure the proper rate is being charged.
- Post hotel schedule of next week, update as needed. (front door, pastry, laundry room, spa)
- Manages all aspects of check outs and payment including member check outs, credit card and gift certificate payments.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards. Coordinate with the Director of Operations and Housekeeping Supervisor to resolve cleanliness issues.
- Meets and greet VIPs when possible.
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.) Guest experience and relationships are a focal point to ensure a premium experience.
- Ensure turn down is communicated and followed through.
- Maintains contact with hotel guests as needed.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance department to resolve maintenance issues.
- Work with the Director of Operations to determine the revenue and expenses in developing the Hotel's yearly budget
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout a minimum of an 8 hour shift.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, push and pull over the course of a shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift overhead to hang coats.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per The Buffalo Club's appearance standards.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have Microsoft office proficiency and above average typing skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 15lbs overhead regularly
- Must be able to periodically lift and carry up to 25lbs over the course of a shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift to assist and be visible during large member events that includes early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, split shifts, and extended shifts.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent education required.
Licenses & Certificates:
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain CPR and AED certification.
The Buffalo Club