Inventory Control & Distribution Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Inventory Control & Distribution Manager is hands-on leader responsible for ensuring that all inventory items are properly received, inventoried, readily accessible and distributed in accordance with the organization’s inventory cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages short term and long term strategic plans for areas of oversight including Wholesale Nursery, Plant Holding yard and Warehouses to ensure operational goals are achieved.
- Oversees smooth and efficient operation of warehouses and delivery systems; ensuring proper levels of inventory including implementing systems and processes to replenish spent inventory, arrange for return or disposal, prevent shrinkage and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Oversees Nursery Operations through supervision and planning of activities for the Nursery Supervisor.
- Leads regular strategy meetings with Supervisors that: focus on goals, processes and continuous process improvement.
- Adhere to annual budget and financial goals
- Direct supervision of Nursery Supervisor, Dock Supervisor and Warehouse Supervisor and indirectly supervises 20-30 staff in all areas.
- Project staffing needs, reduce turnover and Build a Great Environment for Our Employees.
- Works with Facilities Manager to ensure appropriate facility upkeep and maintenance.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Work is primarily performed both indoors and outdoors during all seasons.
- May have exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
Education, Certification and License:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain, Distribution, Warehouse Management or related field is preferred. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in Inventory Control, Warehousing or Supply Chain is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to implement and continually improve processes and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and strategically manage multiple departments with a varying seasonal workload.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications including MS Outlook (email), Word, and Excel.
- Appropriate verbal, written and customer-focused communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squat, stoop, or kneel and lift objects.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Occasionally lifts, carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Vision and fine motor skills required for use of computers and creating communication.
- This is a Full-Time Year Round, Exempt position.
- Typical work hours vary Monday through Saturday during hours of operation (typically 6:30am – 5:00pm).
Eligible for a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances as well as a 401(k) retirement program. This position is also eligible for paid time off (PTO) and paid Holidays.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the job. Further, the duties assigned may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of management.
The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer
The Bruce Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at The Bruce Company
Get fresh Inventory Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.