Officer Security ($12.75 per hour)
The Broadmoor Colorado Springs, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Summary: Responsible for enforcement of all hotel regulations, directives and policies. Creates a safe environment for guests and employees and protects the assets of the Hotel and the Hotel property to include wilderness properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Completes hotel security training course, with the ability to maintain proficiencies in the daily operations of a Loss Prevention Officer.
· Communicates (written and verbal) with guests and employees.
· Investigative duties include; personal injury, vehicle accidents, alleged thefts of hotel property, guest property, employee property, alleged misconduct, employee violations.
· Responsible for accurately documenting and securing the lost and found as well the reunification of all lost property to the rightful owner.
· Report writing, Timelines, Daily Logs, Dispatch Logs.
· Recognizes and reports hazards (real or probable) pertaining to personal physical liability or fire safety and assets protection
· Conducts routine random checks of physical property, requires the ability to walk up to 15-20 miles per shift if required.
· Able to stand in standing position for long periods of time.
· Performs tasks relating to traffic control and parking allocations of hotel guest and employees as well as vendor and outside visitors.
· Perform drug and alcohol testing of employees and escorting employees to directed area based on outcome to include off property.
· Monitors key access to sensitive areas to include opening and securing the retail shops, conference facility, hotel properties and several of the out buildings and gates.
· Respond and coordinate regarding fire alarms and building alarms with the ability to maintain and work the panel as well direct other responders.
Other Duties and Responsibilities.
· Performs tasks relating to Fire Life Safety Systems, Escort’s, lost and found, investigations, safety deposit box control, H.T. operations (2-way radios), and convention package entry, CPR, defibrillator Certifications and minor first aid.
· Welcoming guest at both of our property gates.
· Transportation of VIP’s, guest and international employees as directed by the executive staff and others.
· Escort VIP’s, employees and others as directed.
· Provide overnight security for in house groups and others.
· Opening after hour areas of hotel, Liquor, shops, kitchen and other secured areas and completing the documentation for accountability and inventory purposes.
· Relieves Dispatcher and other assigned positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and 18 years of age by the date of employment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to perform basic math skills.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, E-mail
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Colorado Driver’s license. (45 day grace period from date of hire until applicant must have valid Colorado driver’s license.)
CPR certification (CPR training provided).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The ability to walk for multiple hours on several terrain types to include stairs and other surfaces. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to
- adjust focus.
The BroadmoorWhy Work Here?
The Broadmoor gives you a great experience, sense of purpose, and wonderful benefits.
Broadmoor Hotel is the world's longest-running Forbes Five Star hotel located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The 700-room hotel surrounds a lake on 3,000 acres at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. It has nearly 20 restaurants and bars, three pools, a spa, some 185,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, and 25 retail stores. Its spa, tennis, and golf complexes are regularly ranked among the nation's best.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TourismView all jobs at The Broadmoor