Human Resources Coordinator
The Bridge Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides support to the Human Resources Manager on all Human Resources matters and assist with payroll processing as needed.
- Assists in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures
- Responsible for keeping personnel files up to date and current
- Conducts background checks and administers drug testing for employees and new hires
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains files current
- Maintains medical files of employees accurately and in compliance with HIPAA
- Assist Payroll Accountant with support on payroll issues
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources function as needed
- Participates in benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment
- Notifies vendors when employees are terminated
- Assist in new employee onboarding
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Participates in initial interviewing for new hires when needed
- Assist in benefit programs and assist in conducting benefit meetings
- Assist with employee benefits programs. Provides employee training and assistance to ensure employee understanding of program benefits and increase participation.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of correspondence
- Updates employee changes, new hires, and other items related to Human Resources
- Personal computer skills, including experience in word processing, software and data entry
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with special attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- As a member of the Human Resources team, it is required we maintain proper boundaries with employees at The Bridge
- Must maintain only a professional relationship with employees
- Must never form a relationship that leaves a perception of other than a professional relationship
- The individual maintains strict confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred
· 2-5 years Human Resources experience
· Experience in use of Microsoft Office products required
In a city with a homeless population of 5,000, The Bridge has become an internationally recognized model for adult homeless recovery focused on the treatment of mental illness and addiction. The Bridge is the only homeless recovery program in Dallas open to all adults, providing the homeless a safe and secure environment for growing in self-determination 24 hours each day, 365 days a year.
The BridgeWhy Work Here?
The Bridge, a nonprofit, serves the community by assisting the Homeless population recover out of homelessness.
The Bridge is an adult homeless recovery center providing meals, shelter, primary and behavioral health care, job placements and housing services to adults experiencing homelessness. Envisioned in the early 2000's by homeless advocates, including then-Homeless Czar Mike Rawlings, The Bridge opened in 2008 as a privately managed collaborative project built by the City of Dallas and funded by public and private donations. In FY17, The Bridge served 8,646 individuals experiencing homelessness, which accounts for 85 percent of Dallas County's homeless population. In a city with a homeless population of 5,000, The Bridge has become an internationally recognized model for adult homeless recovery focused on the treatment of mental illness and addiction. The Bridge is the only homeless recovery program in Dallas open to all adults, providing the homeless a safe and secure environment for growing in self-determination 24 hours each day, 365 days a year.