The Bridge Inc. New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Housing Specialist for it's Residential Services Programs.
Scope of Position:
- Schedule regular meetings with clients to assess their progress toward permanent housing; create and conduct housing-related groups and trainings for the client population and staff; complete and submit HRA 2010e housing applications and voucher opportunities; attend information meetings to remain current on trends and entitlement system changes; develop and cultivate housing leads and resources.
- Act as primary contact for housing referrals. Act as primary Liaison between DHS and housing providers. Maintain communication with the agency’s intake internal intake department.
- Assist in preparing and escorting clients to housing interviews, completing documentation in a timely fashion upon acceptance, and following through on client placements and move outs.
- Assist where needed in the provision of case management, including benefits assistance, links to primary and behavioral health care in the community.
- Provide operations coverage as needed.
- Maintain housing referral database
- Assess clients’ needs and develop appropriate service plans.
- Conduct counseling and groups related to obtaining and maintaining housing in the community.
- Provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with other departments and outside agencies.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision and trainings as required.
- Perform required administrative duties, including documentation, chart work and record keeping.
- While performing functions, must be able to interact with the client population in a polite and professional manner while maintaining personal boundaries. Must be able to and being able to accept our resident’s behavior and maintain composure during crisis situations and/or engaging individuals who may present behavioral issues.
- Report any incidents or disruptive behavior to the residence’s supervisors and/or staff.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience working with the street homeless population a plus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Spanish speaking a plus
The Bridge is an AA/EOE
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED
MASK WEARING REQUIRED
The Bridge Inc.Why Work Here?
Great benefits with lots of room for growth.
The Bridge Inc.
AddressNew York, NY
Real EstateView all jobs at The Bridge Inc.