LIC PRAC. NURSE
The Brevard Health Alliance Inc Titusville, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Primary Care Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides high quality, evidence-based care for culturally diverse populations with acute and/or chronic illness in the Brevard Health Alliance outpatient care setting. They must be able to promote a safe environment for all patients including those with altered sensorium due to medication or an acute or chronic illness. LPNs are to collect data, document using appropriate forms and electronic health records, follow policies, protocols, and guidelines, adhere to policies, and evaluate resources for each shift. The Primary Care LPN effectively implements patient activities towards health promotion and disease prevention, assisting the patient in attainment of optimal levels of function through direct care and non-face-to-face communication. Within their scope of practice, the LPN performs routine administrative and clinical duties to assist the nurse, MD/DO/APRN/ or PA as part of the medical home healthcare team.
The Licenses Practical Nurse is accountable to the Manager of the assigned area with scope of practice and clinical competence oversight by the Director of Clinical Operations or designee.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
License from accredited School of Nursing.
• Clear and active Florida or compact Nursing License
• Minimum of four (4) years nursing experience with two (2) years recent experience in an outpatient/ambulatory care setting preferred.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
• Proficient in Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Primary Accountabilities of the LPN include, but are not limited to the following:
• Performs clinic or telephone intake within established standards. Notifies or consults with MD/DO/APRN/PA, as needed. Documents electronic medical record (EMR)
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care relative to the patients served in the Medical Home setting.
• Gathers and records data reflective of the patient’s (and/or family’s) physical, psychosocial, emotional, spiritual, cultural, and educational needs.
• Ability in performing EKG
• Acts on behalf of the Provider to authorize drug refills under direction of the Provider and provide prescription information to pharmacies per BHA protocol
• Able to recognize patients in distress needing immediate intervention
• Provides patient/family and caregiver education based on medical and/or nursing diagnosis, which includes unique age-related needs and arranges for follow-up educational resources, as needed
• Maintains daily patient flow to ensure patients will be seen as soon as possible using all available resources in EMR. Checks patient in and gathers information for their scheduled appointment. Enters patient in EMR, performs vital signs, and protocol-based care.
• Completes full medical history and any updates to medical record as necessary
• Enters dispensed medication onto excel spreadsheet and reconciles pharmacy inventory as applicable
• Ensures pediatric patients are up to date on all immunizations and are entered correctly into EMR and Florida Shots as applicable
• Maintains lab and medical equipment Quality assurance (QA) as needed, and ensures QA’s are being done appropriately
• Based upon education and experience, LPN may serve as a resource and preceptor for other LVNs, or provide oversight for day-to-day operations of the clinical area
• Documents in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
• Performs daily duties and quality controls including but not limited to:
HgbA1C and Glucometer quality controls
Medication refrigerator temperature
Clean and Dirty utility room checks
• Checking for expired supplies and medications
• Prepares, administers, and documents medications with alertness to actions, side effects, adverse reactions and contraindication following BHA policies/procedures.
• Makes astute observations and reports changes in the patient’s condition and other significant observations to appropriate team members verbally and/or in writing.
• Recognizes the signs of potential or active disruptive behavior and quickly intervenes with appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Communicates effectively with a variety of individuals and functions calmly in situations, which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
• Adheres to ethical principles and standards while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries when delivering care.
• Maintains confidentiality. Performs nonstandard and specialized practical nursing activities according to scope of practice.
• Performs competent care for patients using the Medical Home model, specific duties include but are not limited to:
Gather information from non-scheduled patients such as a chief complaint to document and communicate information to the Nurse and/or healthcare team.
Check patients in for appointments and gather vital signs.
Orders labs and diagnostic tests appropriate for the LPN scope of practice following policy/protocol.
Answer desktop encounters and messages within 24-48 hrs.
Call back patients within 24-48 hrs.
Evaluate and work to close clinical gaps as indicated
Perform huddle with healthcare team
Participate in reaching annual Patient Satisfaction goals
Perform pre-appointment phone calls and chart preparation
• Participates in departmental continues quality improvement efforts
• Maintains clinic nurse schedule, to ensure timeliness, flow, and appropriateness as needed.
• Assists in the Management of clinic telephone calls. Ensures all calls are returned or delegated within 2 hours to determine appropriate medical follow up. Issues should be resolved within 24 hours.
• Able to perform and carry out projects as delegated by BHA DOCO and/or Managers
• Other duties appropriate to the position as assigned.
• Takes ownership and represents Brevard Health Alliance’s mission and organizational goals established by the executive committee. These include, but are not limited to Productivity, Quality, Patient Satisfaction, and Employee Retention. It is the duty of each BHA employee to incorporate these goals into all daily work routines and strive to achieve and surpass all goals by working as a team. The mission and goals of BHA will be incorporated into each associate’s performance plan to be evaluated annually.
The Brevard Health Alliance Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at The Brevard Health Alliance Inc