Brandt is currently hiring qualified Boiler Controls Technicians for Brandt locations in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
As a Boiler Controls Technician, you will perform all required preventative and restorative maintenance on commercial HVAC boilers (gas-fired hot water boilers, gas-fired steam boilers, electric-fired steam boilers, and package unit heaters), and on related systems and equipment. Your knowledge of equipment and process flow will guide you in effectively troubleshooting problems to ensure everything is working properly, efficiently, and affordably.
• Inspect, maintain all components of boiler systems and associated mechanical equipment.
• Perform combustion analysis, troubleshooting, and tuning.
• Perform necessary repairs to electrical circuitry, control modules, gas and fuel pressure lines, boilers, heaters, pumps, compressors, motors, and heat exchangers as required.
• Perform boiler start-ups on new and reconditioned systems.
• Perform safety checks and boiler inspections. Monitor boiler systems to ensure compliance with established safety requirements and EPA regulations.
• Follow preventative maintenance schedules and perform routine system maintenance, boiler controls disassembly and the repair and rebuilding of controls.
• Document preventive maintenance and repair as required.
• Maintain accurate records of completed work and materials used. Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform all work within the confines of Brandt’s safety rules and regulations.
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience:
• Successful completion of a 4-year apprenticeship program or technical schooling 5+ years’ on-the-job experience in the repair, maintenance, and operation of large commercial boilers and steam generation systems
• Valid Texas Driver License and clean driving record
• OSHA-10 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
• Basic working knowledge of computers, micro-processor technology with computer-based building control systems and computerized preventative maintenance programs
• Ability to read blueprints, layout plans and wiring diagrams
• Ability to effectively manage time and complete delegated work within specified timeframe
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
• Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug-screen and physical tests
• Must be available to be on stand-by or work during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Brandt Companies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran employer